2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
....yes it's still me. Changed my name to further disassociate from other sites.

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
If you PM me and you only have a tiny handful of posts (typically less than 10), then it can be done.

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
Ive got no chance them , dam

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Look when the first post was made to the thread! It was over 2 years ago! Basegreen has made a few posts since may 2006 :p

I don't know why the thread has been necro-bumped, though.

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
I changed my name on another forum with 1700 posts ne bother

·
Premium Member
15,644 Posts
I believe that the changing of a user name is very time consuming in this forum.
A few have had it done..but only with a few posts.
The old user name has to be removed manually one by one.
A 'PM' to Pottsy might be prudent in your case (13 posts)

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
I believe that the changing of a user name is very time consuming in this forum.
A few have had it done..but only with a few posts.
The old user name has to be removed manually one by one.
A 'PM' to Pottsy might be prudent in your case (13 posts)
Don't you guys have access to the database? I know the structure a bit from these kind of forums and everything should be in a database.

f.e.: i'm anti-rsca, my userID is let us say 100, when i post a message the name next to that post says anti-rsca, but in fact the message in the database says that it comes from userID 100, with a few lines of code, it puts anti-rsca instead of 100

·
Premium Member
19,185 Posts
Don't you guys have access to the database? I know the structure a bit from these kind of forums and everything should be in a database.

f.e.: i'm anti-rsca, my userID is let us say 100, when i post a message the name next to that post says anti-rsca, but in fact the message in the database says that it comes from userID 100, with a few lines of code, it puts anti-rsca instead of 100
If you need to change your user name please PM Pottsy the site administrator and I am sure he will try and help.

Thanks

·
The Talented Mr. Robbieee
3,295 Posts

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
Why do u want to change ** user name? are you going to be "legalhunter" now:p
The name comes from my hunting explouts in the USA . I WILL SHOOT ANYTHING THAT WALKS WHEN IAM THERE. Check out my website. www.illeagalhunter.com . Me in the USA armed drunk & dangerous.

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts

I have access to the database.

The issue is twofold. Firstly it is very confusing for readers (especially regulars) to have a user change name. Secondly, whilst changing the username is exactly as you specify, all the quoted text from that user by other users hold the username in text format - so all those posts have to be manually changed. Also any reference to that user (eg HappyMan referred to as HM in a post). Hence my reluctance for users with plenty of posts!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts