1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh it's all different

Nice one

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
I quite like them too...
I'll get the basic stuff working first (just got the nice buttons on the quick reply, for example, and where are all those avatars!!!??)

·
您看了
456 Posts
Like the new smoother look.

To be perfectly honest I thought the pictures for each forum looked a bit cheap and childish, sorry . Just my opinion (but it also makes the board very difficult to look at during business hours ;) ) but it looks far more proffesional like it is now.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Erm... i think i am going to be glued to the sofa. Need to work out whats what and where's where..
Like the new look..... : )

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
Like the new smoother look.

To be perfectly honest I thought the pictures for each forum looked a bit cheap and childish, sorry . Just my opinion (but it also makes the board very difficult to look at during business hours ;) ) but it looks far more proffesional like it is now.
Yes. In reality I could never quite make my mind up. Nice to look a bit different, to have some identity, but not at the expense of looking and feeling grown up.

Vbulletin (this software) is expensive, huge, very grown up and very powerful. So I think the change should move us a step forward, and I'll leave the look more or less as you see it now.

For this not used to vbulletin - give it a little time. It really is very cool software. Try going into "User CP" and look on the left to change your settings. Then try getting used to the search. After a while you'll spot things and really start to like it :)

Stuff that hasn't come over:
Email subscriptions (notifications of threads that you posted in), some custome avatars, and some links will be broken (I'll have a go at fixing that over time). Also the RSS feed URL has changed.

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
Any chance of having the forum and thread details at the bottom of the page also, I keep having to scroll back up to go back into the area I was in. Or am I missing a trick?

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
Yes, there's "Top" right at the bottom (!), Next Thread, Forum Jump drop-down, the back button on your browser, the Backspace key on your keyboard.... ;)

But - what exactly would you like, and I'll see if I can do it (no promises though)?

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
The folder type view at the very top above the blue bar containing the "user CP" "FAQ" etc. can we have something like that at the bottom, under the last post in the thread. Easier than having to scroll down to the bottom hit the "top" and then navigate from there. I don't like the delete button cos (at least in the old setup) it left the message you had just read as unread.

I hope I am not being a pain.

·
您看了
456 Posts
Prehaps a nice small Honda Logo if you choose to change away from the Arrow markers for each forum?

Hows about these....

No new posts in Blue.....

just a thought (Only took 2 seconds so sure they can be improved and cleaned up)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
Just noticed that in Civinfo Statistics, we've lost the one active member! I know this is good, Pottsy, but you had me worried for a sec!!!!

·
..with Superchips please!
336 Posts
I've celebrated the change with a new avatar - but, and I feel a bit of a thickie asking this:- How the H**l can I change the colour scheme??:confused:

1 - 20 of 92 Posts