2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
All seem to be pretty much the same from what I gathered when researching them. Just make sure you get a 5 line pack preferably with plastic coating to prevent rust. Mine were £80 new from eBay, made a massive difference to braking, half pedal now means full lock. Took a while to get used to but probably one of the best mods I've done.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
not wishing to put you off the idea, but take a look at braided line failures. Specifically where&why they typically fail.
it was enough to put me off using them.

HEL and goodridge seem to be the best out there. HEL were the ones i was specifically looking at.

·
Premium Member
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
not wishing to put you off the idea, but take a look at braided line failures. Specifically where&why they typically fail.
it was enough to put me off using them.

HEL and goodridge seem to be the best out there. HEL were the ones i was specifically looking at.
Wow! Really! I didn't know that. Nor have I ever heard of that happening. I'll have to take a look at that. Good on ya for that!:surprise:

·
Premium Member
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All seem to be pretty much the same from what I gathered when researching them. Just make sure you get a 5 line pack preferably with plastic coating to prevent rust. Mine were £80 new from eBay, made a massive difference to braking, half pedal now means full lock. Took a while to get used to but probably one of the best mods I've done.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
I thought we need 6 lines? Do you by any chace have a link ?

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
I thought we need 6 lines? Do you by any chace have a link ?
My apologies yes it's 6. You need the 2 extra for the rears leading from the steel fixed lines to the connecting boxes.

Job is a bit fiddly, and I can't emphasise enough the importance of a decent flare nut spanner for this one as my stock lines were incredibly seized and corroded, and if just using a normal spanner I would have rounded off the old ones instantly.

I actually had to heat mine and hit the spanner with a hammer to loosen then enough to get some WD40 in there.

Glad I did it though as the results are imediate and massive compared to the 10 year old rubber lines I had. Make sure u have a good littre of proper brake fluid as well to really flush it through. I lost quite a bit of fluid whilst doing mine.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My apologies yes it's 6. You need the 2 extra for the rears leading from the steel fixed lines to the connecting boxes.

Job is a bit fiddly, and I can't emphasise enough the importance of a decent flare nut spanner for this one as my stock lines were incredibly seized and corroded, and if just using a normal spanner I would have rounded off the old ones instantly.

I actually had to heat mine and hit the spanner with a hammer to loosen then enough to get some WD40 in there.

Glad I did it though as the results are imediate and massive compared to the 10 year old rubber lines I had. Make sure u have a good littre of proper brake fluid as well to really flush it through. I lost quite a bit of fluid whilst doing mine.

Already bought "Motul RBF 600" Dot4. Thanks for your input! Which pads are you using? I bought and am ready to use EBC YellowStuff. Was using Ferrodo a very good pad but too much brake dust. Wanted to change discs as well but heard the drilled can crack and they say the holes don't actually do anything. which discs are you using? OEM?

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
No mate I'm using Brembo disks and pads that I brought from euro car parts with 35% off about a year ago. So far I've done 20k on them, had very little wear or brake dust, and to be honest they amaze me as my FK3 is mapped to 201bhp and 333ft-lb and I hoon it down our beautiful dorset country winding roads everyday.

I do plan on probably getting an FN2 and giving the FK3 to the Mrs next year, when I do I will get a bbk for the ctr and subsequently put the ctr's calipers on the FK3. Will be a bit better for nurbergring a bbk, and given the fact my FK3 currently has single pots, some nice 6 pots with braided lines and coilovers should be mint. Then it will be time to get started under the hood :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Haven't put any on my FN yet but I run HEL ones on my boosted EK, always have done and never had any issues.
I agree with the flare spanner too, I use PBS pads though, on oem calipers, I dont think I will go for anything else now

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Not really worth it for the incremental improvement IMO. I've heard the rear lines are a complete pain to change on the FN2 - rubber ones will be more resilient, too.

·
Premium Member
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Using HEL for the last 4 years on FN2 no issues, using HKS on our 1.8 for the last 6 years no issues.
Thank You all for your input. I finally got the HEL kit with 6 lines and along with EBC yellowstuff, Motul 600 oil, and the HEL kit. Very impressed with this setup.
Happy bunny

·
Clutch pedal guru
5,101 Posts
Not really worth it for the incremental improvement IMO. I've heard the rear lines are a complete pain to change on the FN2 - rubber ones will be more resilient, too.
Totally agree. Standard reinforced rubber lines all the way for me.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts