2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Its a cake, not a biscuit
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yup my retaining screws just came out. failing that drill them out and dont replace them

sent from my phone
Did you you leave some penetrating fluid on it overnight or anything? (Just to clarify, I am still talking about the brakes!). My Hubs are looking a little rusty so I'm not holding much luck of them poping off with a phillips head screw driver... but one can wish.

·
Race Taxi Pilot
1,558 Posts
yup my retaining screws just came out. failing that drill them out and dont replace them

sent from my phone
+1

On mine, one side came out with generous use of said impact driver, the other side flatly refused to budge and knackered up my driver bit.

Ended up drilling it out, as previously suggested.

·
Its a cake, not a biscuit
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My brother very kindly offered to help me on the Saturday morning (I should have known it was going to be trouble from that very moment!)

Wheels off and one of four screws came out (let the fun begin). Impact driver didn't nought! Out came the heavy stuff...two drilled out pretty easy, all be it them eating my drill bits. Whilst I was striping the Disk & Pad on the passengers side my bro finished drilling the last one, was going well until my he got the drill bit stuck...and then snapped it! Brilliant!

He then got frustrated and shot off. I proceeded to refit all the passengers side and then when to town on the drivers side. The main issue I had was the drill bit was stopping the hub spinning and that made it difficult to remove the old disc (there was a small lip that was super tight to release it)....LUCKILY Tom8126 came to same the day with a big hammer and the usual determination of a mans views of 'I will fix this'!!! and guess what...HE DID!! Seriously top bloke to take time out of he's saturday afternoon and come and join me in the pouring rain!!

Done about 300-350 miles now on the new pads and discs and (firstly, I'm still alive!!) they are actually really good for the price/road driving! Still taking it easy on them and haven't nailed it just yet.

I'll upload a photo this afternoon, hopefully they're on the right way, Tom and Me had a little debait about this :D :D

My old front pads were very worn and provided a heavy vibration under medium/hard braking, which was noticable when exiting a motorway ontop the slip road...this is now solved :) :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.