2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.

I bought my car with a decat pipe fitted. I've found that I only need the cat converter to fit it back to standard, but I'm wondering if I will also need the sensors.

Will I already have sensors if I have a decat installed? Sorry for what is probably a dumb question

·
Registered
184 Posts
What car is it?

It's very rare you would decat a type r without changing the full exhaust manifold which does house both sensors.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Do you have an engine light on? If the lambda sensors are missing, you'll most certainly have a check engine light.
If not the decat probably has lambda sensors.

To revert it back to standard it's a case of bolt on and off you go. However, if it's remapped without a cat, it may run way too rich for the catalytic converter and burn it out within a few thousand miles.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hey guys.

I bought my car with a decat pipe fitted. I've found that I only need the cat converter to fit it back to standard, but I'm wondering if I will also need the sensors.

Will I already have sensors if I have a decat installed? Sorry for what is probably a dumb question
Do you know what make the decat is?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What car is it?

It's very rare you would decat a type r without changing the full exhaust manifold which does house both sensors.
I believe he had a full exhaust system on it and changed it all and left the decat on it as he sold the cat.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'd buy it off you if you can post
Hey mate. Got it off this morning and it looks pretty much brand new.

Where are you based and I can look at how much postage would be. Would be lookin for 60 plus postage.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts