2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Considering changing my alloys from my current original 16" on my 1.8 5-dr to some other alloys such as the Honda 17" Radium (Honda Civic Range: SE, ES, EX, EX GT | Automatic & Manual | Honda UK) currently available on the newer 9G.

Has anyone have any experience with changing to genuine Honda alloys? Can you get them at your dealer? And would be just be a straight swap from my 16" to 17"?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
5 Posts
hi leoscar,

I am considering to change 1.8 5 door's original 17" rims to 16", because my tyries were splitted two times due to bad roads, potholes.

I think you use 205 55 16 tyres. Do 16" tyres provide a firm ride at high speeds like 200km/h?
why do you want to change your alloys?

·
Dr. Evil
3,831 Posts
I've swapped from 15" to 16", then from 16" to 17", all genuine Honda. No issues at all, straight swap. Just be sure to get them balanced and alignment never hurts to do either.

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hi leoscar,

I am considering to change 1.8 5 door's original 17" rims to 16", because my tyries were splitted two times due to bad roads, potholes.

I think you use 205 55 16 tyres. Do 16" tyres provide a firm ride at high speeds like 200km/h?
why do you want to change your alloys?
sorry for the super late reply, I have completely forgotten that I've started this thread and didn't subscribe to it.

I'm afraid I wouldn't know what the ride is at 200km/h (124 mph since I really haven't touched that kinda speed limit)...

Merely changing my alloys for the looks of it.

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've swapped from 15" to 16", then from 16" to 17", all genuine Honda. No issues at all, straight swap. Just be sure to get them balanced and alignment never hurts to do either.
That's great, thanks!!

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You will need 225/45 R17 tires.

You can go for OEM wheels or get a nice aftermarket set.
Thanks! Yeah thinking of going for one of those 17" OEM from the 9G.

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Putting some final thoughts of the alloy change and did a mock-up of it. What do people think?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts