2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Understand this is a 2006+ forum, but was wondering if anyone has experience with the 2004-2006 Civics (was it the EG..?).

Trying to change the stereo on my mum's facelifted Type S 2.0 as a birthday present, but I'll be damned if I know where to find how to get it out. :confused:

Thanks in advance...

·
Resident Civinfo Nutter
4,451 Posts
have a look at this
Changing the head unit - Civinfo Wiki

A lot of work to go into it, like having to keep the original head unit connected to the car but put away somewhere...I haven't bothered with this yet as I am waiting to see if Honda can solve this problem!

·
Shake & Bake!
1,472 Posts
Its not as straight forward as you may think. You have to buy the fascia off Honda Parts UK and then relocate the existing HU in either boot or glove box. I did it and it took whole day was a right royal pain but worth it in the end. Good luck!

·
Banned
365 Posts
have a look at this
Changing the head unit - Civinfo Wiki

A lot of work to go into it, like having to keep the original head unit connected to the car but put away somewhere...I haven't bothered with this yet as I am waiting to see if Honda can solve this problem!
Its not as straight forward as you may think. You have to buy the fascia off Honda Parts UK and then relocate the existing HU in either boot or glove box. I did it and it took whole day was a right royal pain but worth it in the end. Good luck!
Double FAIL on reading the OP's post. :lol: :lol:

·
Shake & Bake!
1,472 Posts
hahahaha opps.

Right you need to remove the glove box, centre consol and gear shift then you can undo the screws.

·
Resident Civinfo Nutter
4,451 Posts
Well if you look at my link it also gives the link to getting into the headunit....

So that is not a fail, I just wanted to give a link to all the things the OP needed

·
Resident Civinfo Nutter
4,451 Posts
didnt he say his mums face lifted type s...?

Im assuming facelift means the 8th gen...no?

If not sod it

its as easy as Timmy says

·
Registered
716 Posts
I have done this on my previous civic albeit not myself, I paid a shop to do it for me. All you need is a fascia replacement with an opening for a standard DIN unit. The cost was about 40EUR if I remember correctly (fascia + stereo replacement).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts