2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, anyone got any idea how easy it is to change my type s interior carpet to a red type r one? Is it straight forward and any ideas if it's been done before or can be done?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,656 Posts
its been done a couple of times, but i imagine taking the seats out to be a pain... is it really worth it?
just get the mats man

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
its been done a couple of times, but i imagine taking the seats out to be a pain... is it really worth it?
just get the mats man
Yea but just thought why not? Take the seats out I that pretty much it. What about trim?

·
Banned
1,929 Posts
Yes the trim will need to be taken out partly as it holds the carpet in place.

I'm finding it a pain just to colour code. But when you've done all that and the carpet etc would it not have just been easier to buy a Type R?

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes the trim will need to be taken out partly as it holds the carpet in place.

I'm finding it a pain just to colour code. But when you've done all that and the carpet etc would it not have just been easier to buy a Type R?

Hah yes mate would have been Easyer, but insurence on a r is still a little crazy I'm hoping to get one end it this year. But my civic has full exterior with mugen spoiler now ;) full type r seats door cards and clocks. It's this website it's hard to stop spending lol im going to Post a build thread soon.

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Also as the seats are connected to the seatbelt beeper lol is that just a easy disconnect.

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
I had the carpet out on my old Focus. it was time consuming, but i had plenty of space to work. Battery off, socket set in hand and got stuck in there. The carpet never fitted the same, and wasnt worth the effort I went to. DONT DO IT!

·
Civinfo Wind Up Merchant
2,472 Posts
TypeS & TypeR SHOULD have the same shape & fitting carpet

The only possible difference COULD be the front driver mat anchor, depends which years both carpets are from :rolleyes:

It's time consuming but not difficult if you have the patience matey

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
TypeS & TypeR SHOULD have the same shape & fitting carpet

The only possible difference COULD be the front driver mat anchor, depends which years both carpets are from :rolleyes:

It's time consuming but not difficult if you have the patience matey
I myt just give it ago. It's just taking the seats out. Apart from first taking the sears were do I start?

So far
1.Seats out
2.loosen trim?

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
The whole lot I'd imagine. centre console, door sills... i think the carpet goes up as far as the plastic trim above the pedals too.

·
Civinfo Wind Up Merchant
2,472 Posts
I've not done the civ carpet, but once the seats are out and the trims are lifted up any clips or bolts etc should be visible, you'll just have to take your time and dont forget the centre console :p

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've not done the civ carpet, but once the seats are out and the trims are lifted up any clips or bolts etc should be visible, you'll just have to take your time and dont forget the centre console :p
The centre console :( that got to come apart then? My friend myt have to do this lol
Tips for removing seats?

·
Civinfo Wind Up Merchant
2,472 Posts
Not the dash, just the bit round the handbrake etc, would just make life easier and saves a few cuts on your knuckles :p

Unclip any wires; beeper &/or heated seat wires first then just unbolt them, "dip and twist" when lifting seats out of the car so you dont catch any trims or interior bits haha - Dip the top down turn on its side and lift out of the doorway :)

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
The centre trim is nice and easy to take out. Seats are just bolted in so thats nice and easy to take out. But when putting them back in nothing just goes back to how it was first put in.
10/10 for your efforts though. I would say like above get a socket set and some screwdrivers start early in the morning. If your really unsure about doing it im sure if you take it to a local garage they would take the job on.

Make sure you post some pictures once its all done.

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
Might be useful getting an adjustable torque wrench for refitting so the seats don't work loose. It's not a hard job, it's getting everything flush afterwards. My only problem was the passenger side carpet used to pop up at the door sill and it drove me crazy. It's a 2 man job really

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Cheers guys I'll give it a go see how I get on. Like I said before would love the r just waiting till end of the year for insurence to go down.

Either that or turbo charge the thing ;)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.