2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what people trade their CTR in for as to me, there isn't really a better all rounder unless mpg is a serious issue.
I thought about selling my civic... still forsale on this forum however, looking for another car is seemingly a difficult task as there is nothing else i want :\

Is this just me or has anyone else thought this?

·
Bantersaurus Rex
1,567 Posts
Nope... though I have a derv civic there are a lot of cars I would still take over the CTR,
The CTR though is a great car, if you fancy swapping for a derv I'll do you a straight swap haha!

350z for example... depends what you use it for and want from it!

·
Premium Member
478 Posts
Just wondering what people trade their CTR in for as to me, there isn't really a better all rounder unless mpg is a serious issue.
I thought about selling my civic... still forsale on this forum however, looking for another car is seemingly a difficult task as there is nothing else i want :\

Is this just me or has anyone else thought this?
I completely agree with you. I have changed my car every year for the last 5 years and i really cant see another car within a reasonable price range i would switch to.

For now i am going to do a couple mods to keep it new and interesting and maybe in a year or two watch for aFocus RS or a Megane RS 250.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im getting tempted by the focus ST and astra VXR again... is that bad??? been bitten by the modification bug once again :(

·
Premium Member
478 Posts
im getting tempted by the focus ST and astra VXR again... is that bad??? been bitten by the modification bug once again :(
Thats funny i actually wrote how much disliked them and removed it :D

The Astra has not dated well and the interior is shocking.

ST i think looks a little bland but nothing against it. Also they are more than Type R of a similar spec.

Both will deperciate next year with the new models arriving so it would be better to let someone else take the hit before buying one.

Why not just flashpro the civic and if its not enough at least it will hold its money and you will get 80% back on the flashpro.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thats funny i actually wrote how much disliked them and removed it :D

The Astra has not dated well and the interior is shocking.

ST i think looks a little bland but nothing against it. Also they are more than Type R of a similar spec.

Both will deperciate next year with the new models arriving so it would be better to let someone else take the hit before buying one.

Why not just flashpro the civic and if its not enough at least it will hold its money and you will get 80% back on the flashpro.

had flashpro with HSK RSK then took it off. was good fun to be honest but just not enough if you get what i mean. sounded good. didnt have to take it all the way up the rev range so often but just needed another kick up the backside

·
Premium Member
478 Posts
had flashpro with HSK RSK then took it off. was good fun to be honest but just not enough if you get what i mean. sounded good. didnt have to take it all the way up the rev range so often but just needed another kick up the backside
Thats fair enough then. Maybe an ST or VXR wont be enough either as they arent that much different really, your just getting more torque from a turbo.

How about a 350z or even a 370z. I had a 350 a short bit before and it made me sweat, smile and made my life flash before my eyes a few times. Hence i went for a Type R, as an all rounder i found it right for me and think its brilliant.

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
I am always changing my car, have had 5 cars in the 5 years i have been driving.
Hopefully all things going well will be getting a BMW 135i in a couple weeks.
Have to say that is a better alrounder.
Although obviously more money.
But I dont think running costs will be much different, same tax band, same insurance price, same mpg. More expensive tyres and services I guess.
But 50% more bhp and 100% more lb/ft :)

·
Go Hard or Go Home!
2,063 Posts
You can get a lotus exige for a reasonable price these days, my choice if i get rid of the fn2 in the next few years. just depends on your budget and if you need more than 2 seats and boot space. Wouldnt touch an ST, so so bland inside and reminds me of a family focus with bright paintwork. VXR.. possibly but its still a vauxhall. For all round looks, fun driving and a pleasant place to sit you'll find a ctr hard to beat imo

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeh it is a hard car to beat... i think thats the problem with maybe getting the right car in the first place? im a person that could have a different car every day of the week and still complain that i want another one.

There's no hot hatch that comes to mind thats a better all rounder for a similar price. I'd regard the Audi S3 and VW golf R as a class above

·
Go Hard or Go Home!
2,063 Posts
Guess it depends what your wanting, power? a nice ride? looks? space for family aswel? CTR has all of those :)

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
yeah for price its tough to beat.
I have had a Clio 197 F1, Astra VXR, Mini Cooper S (turbo) and now the Civic.
Have to say the Civic is the best alrounder of the cars i have had.
Clio - Handling and Brakes
Astra - Straight line speed
Mini - Speed mixed with chuckability and mpg (was getting 40-45)
Civic - best interior by miles. And combines the most overall of the others. Oh and 8k rev limit :D

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
Yeah think its the lack of torque that effects me the most.
Having to absolutely thrash it all the time to get pace from it can be frustrating.

But when you are alone on the back rounds its immense fun hitting 8k all the time :)

·
Go Hard or Go Home!
2,063 Posts
its a high revving NA car, it wants to be thrashed and is so much fun in doing so. Id be bored in any other car in the same price bracket. It has its faults but so do all cars, one thing you never hear about is engine problems though. Thats why im gonna have this car till its run into the ground ;)

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
True honda has best engine reliability bar none!
But with regards to torque the 197 is the same, but didnt feel as gutless, could be down to size/weight though

·
Go Hard or Go Home!
2,063 Posts
And if you think, the money you might lose in depreciation when you sell your CTR. If you spent just 3-4k you could raise power and torque to something much more. Then youve got a car which looks better than its rivals, nicer inside, and has got power, more than its rivals also. Win Win :) Anyway thats my 2 pence, good luck with your choice mate

1 - 20 of 30 Posts