2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Chassis codes?

Hey!

Anyone who knows what the 9th gen Civic is called?

Just wondering ;)

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Seriously?

I really thought that a new chassis would be called something else?

Just like EG/EJ ---> EK ,EP/EU ---> FN/FK etc

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think what is being queried is that the code hasn't changed from FK3 for the 9th gen., my 2008 2.2 being FK3.
+1

My point exactly!

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
It is called an FK3 because it is, technically, a facelifted 8th gen Civic.

Honda would normally have given it a new code and gone for a new type approval, but certain technical issues with the type approval process meant that they had to keep it as the old model.

·
aka Paul
4,524 Posts

Honda would normally have given it a new code and gone for a new type approval, but certain technical issues with the type approval process meant that they had to keep it as the old model.
Ah, I didn't know that. Does that mean some of the fancy fluid joints from the 9G could fit an 8G?

·
Driving on bad roads
175 Posts
what about 1.8

Petrol 1.8 then would be FK2, right ?
What about engine Code 8-th gen 1.8 was R18A2.
What is engine code on 2012 9-th gen 1.8?

·
Driving on bad roads
175 Posts
No mine is R18Z4 and chassis is FK2

·
Super Moderator
7,124 Posts
I can't see honda making a new engine for it.

As their is no info on the R18Z4 on wiki.

Most likely a R18A2 but they changed it the code because the 9th gen has the eco button and a updated ECU.

·
Arfurs right hand man
4,125 Posts
the 1.8 lump is essentially the same but revamped for a little bit more power and a little bit less fuel usage. may well be diffenet enough to warrant a changed code rather than a new one.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts

Yep, cost savings basically.

After the financial crises Honda dug in and decided to go for, cheaper, heavy facelifts rather than ground up clean sheets with both the CR-V and Civic. Time will tell if it was the right decision, but they seem to have done a pretty good job of at least making them 'look' like clean sheet designs.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts