2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Honda Civic 2.2 CTDI diesel

I was just wondering what cheap and easy modifications I can make to improve from the basic.

Also interested in some intermediate and more difficult suggestions.

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Change all bulbs to LED, change gear knob and add a shifter boot, maybe a bit of colour-coding etc.

Then for the more advanced it will all come down to your budget and skills, as remaps, wheels and type R parts don't come cheap (if you decide to go that route).

Check out the Gallery for inspiration from other owners and go from there

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah was thinking of doing the bulbs and gear knob, the numbers have all rubbed off the car I brought.

Any suggestions on places to buy?

I'm pretty much a novice at all of this, but I'm learning been watching a lot of videos and brought a haynes manual.

OK ill take a look.

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Ebay or amazon for the bulbs and other things mentioned as that's where i bought mine from, they cost buttons to buy and help lift the looks of the interior.

·
Super Moderator
1,084 Posts
Yeah was thinking of doing the bulbs
On ebay seller called valley-led do a kit for interior led lights for the FN2, including the boot light.
This will do your 2.2 since the interior lights are the same - used one on my 1.8 Si.
The exterior ones are a bit trial and error but valley also do them as do aurora bulbs - forum trader.
Depends how far you want to go with led, suggest leaving indicator bulbs as standard but you could change the outside brake/rear light for led as well as rear fog light, number plate bulbs & reversing lights & front side lights.

·
Super Moderator
1,084 Posts
A Civic mk9 gear knob from a breaker and a gaiter from eBay improves the look
Bit of a "how to" for this would be helpful, I have not tried to remove the knob or surround on one of these.
This looks like a nice upgrade for the wife's Si - stop her moaning about what I spend on the FN2

·
Registered
34 Posts
One of the best small purchases I've done to my car's is a Broadway interior mirror. Cost me like £15 from Amazon and it widens your view on your rear view mirror so you can see more. Literally clips ontop of the existing mirror.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
642 Posts
Not a cheap mod but one that pays the initial cost back is to replace the perspex grill with a sports one. Last one I bought new was around £100 but I then sold the original perspex one on eBay and got my ,£100 back

·
Registered
322 Posts
One of the best small purchases I've done to my car's is a Broadway interior mirror. Cost me like £15 from Amazon and it widens your view on your rear view mirror so you can see more. Literally clips ontop of the existing mirror.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Saw your comment, i am amazed at the difference it has made to my car. Thanks :)

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
First thing i did was change the gear knob, but i did have a Type R one lying around and its much nice to use.

Interior
Gear knob and gaiter
Type R dash surround
Fit modern stereo + upgrade speakers
LED bulbs
New mats
Seat upgrade/rail change
Retrim steering wheel
Install USB ports

Exterior
Change rear lights to clear
Fit Type R spoiler
Colour code parts
Fit Type R splitters
Change front grill to sport version
Fit wheels and spacers
Wind Deflectors
Upgrade bulbs
Fit lowering springs

Performance
Clean/blank EGR
Remap
Full service with genuine parts
Upgrade brakes to ATR or Type R
Upgrade suspension
Fit "Dress up" parts to engine bay

·
Premium Member
2,277 Posts
One that I've noticed is the actuity shifter bushing upgrade; by all accounts, speaking to actuity and looking on the Dream automotive website, it should fit on virtually any civic, and at around £30 or so to memory it's worth a punt.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
1,084 Posts

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
Aside from the basic wind deflectors etc externally me a massive improvement looks wise (not for everyone though) is a square front plate...suits the jap cars and then a nice rear plate too

1 - 20 of 20 Posts