2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what the price range is between dealers... how well people have haggeled etc so I am making this thread to compare and see who got the best deal.

You can fill in this list to show what you paid. Remember this MUST be NEW price. So unfortunatly those who bought second hand cars cant comment.

Year:
Cash Price:
Price after finance (if applicable):
Free Goodies/upgrades:
Dealer:

I wont post here seeing as I bought tax free so wouldnt want to look as if im making this thread to "beat" people.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Year: 2010 (Demo Car)
Cash Price: 23 725E
Price after finance (if applicable): 23 725E
Free Goodies/upgrades: Free Floor mats -_-, and dicount for winter tyres
Dealer: Honda Plaza Poland

·
This may be spam
1,504 Posts
I know brand new type rs went for 15500 at one point.

I got mine april 2010 for 16800+ options like colour mats and badges.

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
16K... have they really gone down that much?

Anyway I'll add mine then

Year: 2009 (59 plate)
Cash Price: 14295
Price after finance (if applicable): 16000 odd
Free Goodies/upgrades: mats
Dealer: the one in Litchfield City Gardens...

·
Registered
4 Posts
brand new type r gt £15550 from arnold clark last year. The salesperson quoted me for a red one, on seeing a silver one I changed my mind and he did the same deal, just could not refuse it :)

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
Makes me feel sick am about to pay £11k for a 58 plate.

·
Batmobiles Rule ✌
6,587 Posts
Why? You must hve been happy with the price otherwise you would not be buying it. Price you are paying is about right so you are not being ripped off. You are saving at least £4k on new (at least at the prices people metion here) which to me seems fair - depreciation you are missing out on.

Does not matter what you do and when you buy, there is always someone who has a better deal or cheaper car. Personally I ask myself am I happy with what I am paying, if not I move on, otherwise if I buy and then see something cheaper i think 'don't beat yourself up over it'. Take what you have any ENJOY it.

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
I agree.
Whatever you buy, even a T.V. you will find a week later that the price has dropped by £100 or so.
Don't look back - go with the flow - it's life and we only get one go at it.;)

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Why? You must hve been happy with the price otherwise you would not be buying it. Price you are paying is about right so you are not being ripped off. You are saving at least £4k on new (at least at the prices people metion here) which to me seems fair - depreciation you are missing out on.

Does not matter what you do and when you buy, there is always someone who has a better deal or cheaper car. Personally I ask myself am I happy with what I am paying, if not I move on, otherwise if I buy and then see something cheaper i think 'don't beat yourself up over it'. Take what you have any ENJOY it.
I agree.
Whatever you buy, even a T.V. you will find a week later that the price has dropped by £100 or so.
Don't look back - go with the flow - it's life and we only get one go at it.;)

Wise words. Completely agree. I think thats a good price, although im sure if you haggle you could get it down a bit.

I paid 10 (sorry to hijack the new car thread) for a 07 plate R GT. So i dont think your getting ripped off at all

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Im not looking back.. well in a sense I am but not in a bad way. Im just surprised at how cheap some people actually got the car seeing as the RRP was just over 20k.

I am happy with my car and happy to pay the price I am for it. I just find it surprising thats its actually cheaper than some may think.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hell... A Type R used to cost around 24.000 euro over here. It seems they even stopped selling them. No wonder nobody buys it when asking such an overexagerated price. My Type S even costed more than most Type R's here.

Even the diesel is scrapped from the lists.

·
Premium Member
1,050 Posts
Year: 2009
Cash Price: £21500
Price after finance (if applicable): Paid cash
Free Goodies/upgrades: Matts and rear parking sensors
Dealer: Hepworth Honda, Huddersfield

1 - 13 of 13 Posts