2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Wondering if anybody had this problem of mine. This is the 2nd time this has happened but when I leave my civic running while raining, the engine light comes on. Anybody know the reason for this? Thanks

·
4,484 Posts
It's not getting too hot is it? I think there is usually another alert that comes on for a few seconds when the engine warning comes on.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The temp isn’t reading high. It comes up with check system and that’s it. There’s no loss of power or anything like that. Runs exactly the same. Hopefully somebody else has had this problem so I don’t have to source a obd reader.

·
Super Moderator
2,324 Posts
you say when raining
is car petrol or diesel
but only way to make sure 100% is code reader a basic code reader can be bought for under £10 of ebay and well worth the money for any car owner even if they don't work on there own cars
modern cars now have that many sensors a car can be crippled by a tiny wee speck of dirt on a sensor

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It’s a petrol (09 type r) it’s gone off now since drying up. Have to wait till it rains again to find out what’s wrong lol

·
Bye bye Honda...
5,868 Posts
You don't have to wait for it to rain again, just get yourself to a garage or an OBD reader before the problem gets worse and potentially breaks something.
^This

The diagnostic trouble code will have been stored and will be able to be read as soon as you connect an OBD2 scanner

·
Super Moderator
2,324 Posts
sounds like water is effecting some electrical component
you could use a spray bottle on different connections and sensors
but much easier buying a cheap code reader to identify the problem area before it creates a bigger problem

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-Fault-Code-Reader-Engine-Travel-Diagnostic-Reset-Tool-OBD-2-CAN-Bus-EOBD-UK/382719125521?hash=item591bd66811:g:Qy0AAOSwZltcNeY~:rk:17:pf:0
this should work fine for engine codes
wont do more advanced stuff like abs or airbags
but well worth its money
garages are around £30 + for reading codes

1 - 10 of 10 Posts