2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Do yourself a favor and measure on a flat piece of road, you cant just assume it will end up in the middle. Further did you wipe of first and then dipped the stick again?4
Anyway its clearly low so adding at least 500ml is indeed the right thing to do.
Regarding the incline, the car did not move when I released the handbrake. So either the incline is very small, or not there at all. Might have been an illusion on my part.

Yes I did wipe the dipstick first before dipping it again. I did this repeatedly for a number of times just to be sure.

The new oil arrived and I topped up with 200ml of it, and the level is now right in the middle, as the picture shows.

Amber Musical instrument Triangle Font Writing implement

I could not ignore the difference in color between the new oil and the old one. Obviously, the old one (wiped off from the dipstick before topping up) is a lot darker in color, while the new one is very thin (wiped off straight from the bottle).

I guess the difference is normal up to a certain degree, but should it worry me if it looks like the picture below?

Automotive tire Sleeve Tread Grey Wood

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Personally, the oil level message pops when i am at the minimum level on the dipstick, but i did't see the chech oil light
If this is the case, then chances of engine damage when receiving the error are pretty low (I hope), since the car basically warns you of just the oil level, not the pressure (which is a lot more important).

21 - 25 of 25 Posts