2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The last couple of days I have had the check oil level warning flash up on my dash. The first time it happened I pulled up & checked the level and it was half way up the marked area between the two holes. I topped it up to just over three quarters of the way up and carried on. Tonight it has come on again. The oil level hasn't budged however since I topped it up. I switched the ignition off & back on & drove the rest of the way home without it coming on again. The car is an fn2 with 80k on it. Do you guys think it's worth changing the oil level sensor as I reckon that could be the culprit?

Sent from my HTC One_** using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just spoke to my local Honda dealer & they wanna charge me 84 quid to do the software update! Spoke to another in Sheffield & they told me 20 pounds. ***!

Sent from my HTC One_** using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,353 Posts
Hello,

This is an old thread I know, but since I have a similar issue with my 2008 1.8 I was wondering if you ever did the software update and if it solved the problem.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Had a similar problem several times in the past on my 2.2 on long, uphill stretches under heavy acceleration. Never actually had low oil level though, it was always between the oil max and min holes..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts