2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello All,

I have a 2007 Honda Civic 2.2 Diesel with 81000 miles on it.

For last two months, my Civic was giving CHECK SYSTEM error on and off usually lasting 1 day at a time and then it would disappear for 2-3 days.

I took it to a Honda mechanic last week, he checked the error message which was about EGR valve blocked, I got it cleaned yesterday (it was 90% blocked) from another mobile mechanic and was hoping for good results BUT unfortunately, ever since I got it cleaned, the CHECK SYSTEM error is permanently on (with the same error) and rpm is not going above 2.3

Spoke to the mechanic and he is suggesting to get a new EGR valve but I am not fully convinced that it's just EGR because of the max rpm of 2200 which was not happening before I got it cleaned.

Please, could you suggest if you have experienced a similar problem?

Thanks
PC

·
Registered
5 Posts
I cleaned my EGR value on Friday night and Saturday did a 70 mile trip all was fine.
On the way back started the car and the System Check pinged up on the Dash :-(
Today I checked the value and pipe all connected correctly, I took it apart again just to check i hadn't missed anything or if anything was somehow blocking the value, but all clear.

Car does go into limp mode but when you restart the car its OK but still have the engine light on the dash

Any help will be appreciated.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts