2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i just started car after 10 days and after driving for 10 minutes and parked and when i went back check engine and system check light on and also vsa light was on and my car would not move no matter how much how hard i press the accelerator
please help any idea, engine light stays on and all it says is check system and vsa comes on and off but when it does car stops all together

·
Bye bye Honda...
5,896 Posts
hi i just started car after 10 days and after driving for 10 minutes and parked and when i went back check engine and system check light on and also vsa light was on and my car would not move no matter how much how hard i press the accelerator
please help any idea, engine light stays on and all it says is check system and vsa comes on and off but when it does car stops all together
Oddly, sometimes the warning lights come on for reasons unconnected with what you might expect... for example, on diesels the glowplug warning light usually comes on due to low fuel pressure and can often indicate that the fuel filter needs replacing.

This problem does sound very like the Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) has failed. BUT you really need to get the error codes read by someone who has an OBD2 reader so you can be more confident about the actual problem. It's best not to start replacing parts based on guesswork... I'm often wrong!

·
Bye bye Honda...
5,896 Posts
Now you can buy obd2 reader for 5pounds, or 7pounds if buy with bluetooth for your android phone
That's a great idea... an OBD2 reader is a sensible thing to own. If you have an Android device, then an ELM327 Bluetooth interface and the free Torque app will allow all 'powertrain' error codes to be read.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks but after driving car for a day it fixed itself. Probably because it's been left for two weeks. Glad didn't had to spend any money thanks

·
Bye bye Honda...
5,896 Posts
Thanks but after driving car for a day it fixed itself. Probably because it's been left for two weeks. Glad didn't had to spend any money thanks
I'd still recommend buying a cheap OBD2 reader/scanner of some sort, just in case (and I'd also want to see what the stored code was from the recent problem!).

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
You can Check every connect of wire etc, but check engine light will be still flashing. One way is cancel it by obd2 reader.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
I'm using normal Elm327 for USB and it's good.
U are living in Birmingham, always u ask some members for read check errors.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts