2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Symbol indicates a DPF Fault; Have you been doing a lot of driving around town recently?

May be worth going for a motorway run.
Thanks for the prompt reply. I do approximately 90 motorway miles daily. Car had a major service in March and I’m due a minor one next month. Currently just over 84k on the clock.

That's the DPF problem warning. Not sure generic OBD readers will read it.
Cheers Ray, will get it into Honda over the weekend.

·
Ex-Pat Geordie!
2,307 Posts
Thanks for the prompt reply. I do approximately 90 motorway miles daily. Car had a major service in March and I’m due a minor one next month. Currently just over 84k on the clock.

Cheers Ray, will get it into Honda over the weekend.
If you do 90 Miles per day you shouldn't be getting that. Did the garage use the proper low SAPS Oil?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you do 90 Miles per day you shouldn't be getting that. Did the garage use the proper low SAPS Oil?
It had all services via my Honda dealer which I believe use Castrol.

The error only came up after I fueled up (at my usual Sainsbury’s). It’s very odd, after looking into the original error I got, I found that mine skipped stage 1.

Will report back once the car has been to Honda (more than likely Tuesday now). I have noticed that the car is being throttled today, it’s not got the usual pick up it had previously.

·
Registered
184 Posts

The error only came up after I fueled up (at my usual Sainsbury’s). It’s very odd, after looking into the original error I got, I found that mine skipped stage 1.

Will report back once the car has been to Honda (more than likely Tuesday now). I have noticed that the car is being throttled today, it’s not got the usual pick up it had previously.

It says on the manual that you will get the error without ! but this does not happen. Honda took this step away as people were going to the dealer when the car just needed a good hard run.

Honda will do a regen on it and it will clear the issue. Ask Honda that all updates are applied to the car around the DPF as well. Your car will be down on power to protect the engine. I suggest you keep driving it around to a minimum till you get the regen.

What mileage is on the car?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Do some hard accelerating and make engine scream above 3krpm. Repeat that by 15-30min and then do on motorway 120kmph on 5th gear some kilometers.
Engine has to be hot as turbine to make regen DPF.

If it doesn't help only HDS with option FORCE REGEN will help.

·
Ex-Pat Geordie!
2,307 Posts

I only use Sainsbury, Tesco, Asda or Morrisons and have covered 52k. I dont think its Supermarket fuel. Saying that, I always use a slug of RedEx every fill. Contrary to some peoples opinion, premium fuels only empty your wallet fast, they have no proven benefit on the running of your car.. My old 8G was traded in at 152K and engine wise was running great and had only ever had supermarket fuel. Shame about the Clutch, AC and Inlet manifold.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts