2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Didn't find the exact error code yet, but i had it today after i started my car. I wonder if any of you had this? I noticed inconsistent idle revs some time ago, i suppose this might be related. One thing that worries me is that i had intake mod and if it turns out that this has caused the problem then... damn.

if any of you guys had this error message on, please share your experience. Btw, i already tried 3 restarts to remove it - didn't work. :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i get it, but the press of the i button on the steering wheel just switches the computer to default state (like average fuel consumption). any ideas?

·
Registered
10,247 Posts
Have you switched the messages on? In the computer menu there is a option to turn warning messages on or off. The factory default is set to 'off'

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well it didn't give me anything new. before turning messages on it used to give me an image of check system (which according to the manual means that something in exhaust system is broken); now it also tells that "check system" :). so nothing new. well yeah tomorrow i'm taking that car first of all to the place where it was moded, they told me that they can read the exact error code and if that has nothing in common with the mod then i'll take it to the honda dealer. :/

just thought that any of you might have had the same problem and know the roots :)

·
Registered
10,247 Posts
Please let us all know how you get on, it will prove useful to others in the same situation as you.

Hope you manage to get it sorted out ok!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok, maybe that's an option. i wasn't really spcific on my first post. now i read that check system can go with any of the error pics, mine was related to the exhaust system. i guess i'll go and disconnect the battery to see if that helps.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ok that worked. now the light is gone, try to do couple of kilos and it's still of though in the morning it was the first thing i saw on multi after turning the engine on. let's see if it doesn't get on tomorrow. :) thanks guys for your help.

today we have totally ****** weather so maby the humidity was the cause of the problem.

the other thing is that i love it so much and i keep telling it to her. today i was supposed to date a girl who lives 100+ km from me. so i guess my beloved honda just got jeleous. :]

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have had this fault for about 18 months. The warning comes on when I start the car and then goes out. It does not happen everytime I start the car. Reported it to the dealer, who looked at the error codes, there weren't any. He could offer no explanation as to why it happens. Learn't to live with it now.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Modyfing intake without hondata may cause this error to appear. If this will happen again just change to stock and think about reflash.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yeah i consider this to be as one of the reasons; on the other hand, CAI gives the +- same effect (as well as the -20C weather) but it never causes that kind of errors.

The other thing is that mod was done 4 months ago and this was the first error. After computer restart it didn't appear any more. Humidity that day was awful since it was raining whole night while it was 2-5 degrees outside, that might've caused some electronical failure. That's my wise guess.

·
Registered
44 Posts
yes i had the problem several months ago and the dealer couldn,t find the problem. it occured 4 times in as many days last week took it to the dealers again they checked it again and found a fault code, it has got to go in the beg. of nov for three days to try and sort it out.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts