2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hit curb and tore tire so used emergency tire repair can. After new tire was fitted reset tpms but now have this error. Any ideas please?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I've reset it 5 times. The check system message comes back on after a few minutes. I think the tpms sensor is not working and or damaged.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's what I wondered. Can it be cleaned or unclogged?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No ESP or ABS problems.

Could the impact to the curb cause the fault?

·
Premium Member
2,288 Posts
I think this one may be a dealer job - It doesn't seem to be the ABS Sensor at fault; Doesn't seem to be the software (As far as you can action) as It's had multiple resets.

As I type this, I've had one other thought - Is the replacement tyre of the same design as the others / Did you get an axle pair? is there a difference, however subtle (1mm of wear difference) between the wheels? As the sensor works with rotational velocity, a different diameter will play havock.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's not the same design and it was a single not a pair. There's about 2mm of wear difference. Can it not cope with that?

·
Registered
305 Posts
I had this message when I put my space saver on

I just ignored it as it's obvious the space saver would have a different circumference.

Once the original wheel was back on I reinitialised and it was fine.

I'm guessing the message means that the two wheels are too far apart in circumference for the system to cope with

·
Premium Member
2,288 Posts
It's not the same design and it was a single not a pair. There's about 2mm of wear difference.
I just ignored it as it's obvious the space saver would have a different circumference.

Once the original wheel was back on I reinitialised and it was fine.
Hypothesis proven :D

I think this will be the answer; I think you may be best served by grabbing a second wheel of the same design so you have an axle pair. That should sort it out, as I'd imagine that rolling resistances are averaged across axle due to differing wear rates front / rear; though for confirmation you could probably contact Honda UK.

·
Earth Dreams :)
927 Posts
Not sure on 10G civics, but don't they have lil arm with a rotation sensor.. these feeds a signal to the ecu and it does it based on ave movement over a given time, thus, if it down on a corner, it sees a different signal value..

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The dealer swapped the tires and reset it. Charged me £60. Fixed the issue but now steering wheel is out of alignment slightly.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Could be damaged abs sensor. I did the same with kerb and along with rear axle damage the sensor needed replacement

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
209 Posts
If alignment is out and it was a rear wheel its likely you have axle damage also.

·
Registered
209 Posts
And the bad news is the repairs for mine totaled over €2000. Get it to honda dealer asap

1 - 20 of 27 Posts