2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the Check System with an engine symbol coming on my 2.2 ictdi everytime with an evident loss of power (which I assume is some kind of safe mode).

I have checked the air filter which was surprisingly too dirty. Replaced it but the warning remained
Have checked the DTC errors but I only had

PA51 DTCB2991 Climate Control Unit Lost Communication with Audio HVAC Subdisplay Unit (with audio system) or HVAC Subdisplay Unit (without audio system)

Cleared the error but warning remains. Left the car with battery disconnected for 8 days as I was abroad and the warning is still there.

Car drives good except for the loss of power... so it cant be misfiring or similar.

Any idea what could this be?

Thanks.

·
Bye bye Honda...
5,859 Posts
I have the Check System with an engine symbol coming on my 2.2 ictdi everytime with an evident loss of power (which I assume is some kind of safe mode).

I have checked the air filter which was surprisingly too dirty. Replaced it but the warning remained
Have checked the DTC errors but I only had

PA51 DTCB2991 Climate Control Unit Lost Communication with Audio HVAC Subdisplay Unit (with audio system) or HVAC Subdisplay Unit (without audio system)

Cleared the error but warning remains. Left the car with battery disconnected for 8 days as I was abroad and the warning is still there.

Car drives good except for the loss of power... so it cant be misfiring or similar.

Any idea what could this be?

Thanks.
The code you're listing here was obviously obtained using a technique that reads 'body' diagnostic trouble codes (e.g. the foil trick technique), in which case you will not be reading engine codes!

If you have an engine problem then you need to read the 'powertrain' diagnostic trouble codes. As I posted to you in the 'foil trick' thread, you need to use an OBD2 scanner to do this.

·
Bye bye Honda...
5,859 Posts
I use the free Torque app with my Bluetooth interface (ELM327) and Android phone. Works well for me.

Make a note of what stored codes you find. Because some of them could be old stored codes, you should delete them all and then wait for the problem to reappear... then read the codes again to find out which actually apply to the current problem.

Good luck!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I use the free Torque app with my Bluetooth interface (ELM327) and Android phone. Works well for me.

Make a note of what stored codes you find. Because some of them could be old stored codes, you should delete them all and then wait for the problem to reappear... then read the codes again to find out which actually apply to the current problem.

Good luck!
Thanks Jon. It seems that the free torque only works with a Bluetooth device. Mine is wifi. Will try another one.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Just came back from my garage. I have used Android's free Car Scanner which worked perfectly.

I had these 2 errors... P250B (oil sensor?) and P1384 (glow plugs?). I have reset them, went from a drive and errors have not returned yet. Maybe they were temporary errors.... fingers crossed!

Thanks for your help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts