2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks don't like the sound of that! Could it be the DPF that needs regeneration or is that a different symbol as I've left the car running for about two hours stationery to dry out new window tinting film!...

It's a 2012 2.2 diesel...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

· Registered
881 Posts
Cycle the ignition on and off several times, does the warning come back. If it's only a temporary DTC, then the warning will go away, if it's a permanent DTC you will have to either read/clear the DTC yourself or visit a dealer.

· Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cycle the ignition on and off several times, does the warning come back. If it's only a temporary DTC, then the warning will go away, if it's a permanent DTC you will have to either read/clear the DTC yourself or visit a dealer.
I've cycled it a few times and comes back on so might take it for a motorway run... Just don't want to cause any damage?

· Premium Member
1,711 Posts
Used to get something similar on a Toyota, the battery had a bad cell.

· mmmm bacon
620 Posts
I've cycled it a few times and comes back on so might take it for a motorway run... Just don't want to cause any damage?

I've always been told, 'If the car sounds and drives like it would normally, then there's nothing massively wrong that would cause a problem or major damage'

I've lived by that philosophy with all my cars and never had a serious problem, you should be ok but if it does persist, get it checked out with an OBDII reader

· Premium Member
194 Posts
Orange lights typically mean a fault, but it is driveable. Red lights mean stop immediately. I'd do very few miles even if it was orange. Even though it may sound and drive alright, that doesn't mean something can't go terribly wrong.
I always keep my OBDII in the car, so i'd look at it immediately though.
It could be something simple, but I wouldn't risk it personally.

· ο φλού
184 Posts
I had that warning symbol after putting tints and the liquid went to stop lights .
While I was pressing the brake pedal , I had more warning lights on.
The mechanic after running diagnostics told me that is something wrong at stop lights and could not reset it.

I left it to dry , cycle power 3 times but without letting all lights off and the warning symbol went away.
Try to turn the key on (for 5 or 10 secs )and then off for three times .

· Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks guys... Took it to Honda Rochdale and they said it was really nothing (or didn't find anything) and that it just needed a reset and new firmware loading ... Anyhow all seems fine although the car was driving fine even with the light!... If it happens again it'll be back at the garage as I still have about 9 months warranty remaining!

· Bye bye Honda...
5,907 Posts
Get an ELM327 and the torque app(android).
Will give you a DTC so you know what is wrong rather than get told "nothing to worry about mate, she'll be right"
Exactly!

I wouldn't want the garage to avoid warranty responsibilities simply by reading/deleting the stored Diagnostic Trouble Code. That light came on for a good reason... I'd want to know why and then get it fixed properly. I'd be surprised if it didn't come on again soon, unless I knew more about this 'firmware upgrade'.

· Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Get an ELM327 and the torque app(android).
Will give you a DTC so you know what is wrong rather than get told "nothing to worry about mate, she'll be right"
Thanks.... Where's the best place to buy this and also are there any different variants or revisions so I can buy the latest... Many thanks again..

· Premium Member
17,906 Posts
Thanks.... Where's the best place to buy this and also are there any different variants or revisions so I can buy the latest... Many thanks again..
As you are using a Nexus/Android then get a Bluetooth version (WiFi for iPhones). Preferably one with a built in on/off button as the port is constantly live and we don't want to drain the battery.

They aren't expensive of fleabay, something like; ELM327 Bluetooth ODB2 OBDII Car Auto Diagnostic Scanner Scan Tool ON/OFF Switch | eBay

Those without the on/off switch as much cheaper.

Some folks haven't got theirs to work, but I've never had any issues with the 3/4 we've bought (for ourselves and pals).

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.