2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I started my car earlier and the check system lights came on almost immediately. It had been snowing heavily all day so I don't know if this was covering a sensor or similar. I pulled over and turned the car off and on. The lights came back on with the ignition but went once cleared.

Any ideas what is wrong? I'm hoping its something to do with the cold/snow.

Thanks

·
Registered
135 Posts
i have the exact same proplem, unfortunetly no one on here knows what the codes are and what they mean. if the sensors are gubbed, then i can replace them with oem sensors at £54 each.

as far as i am aware each sensor does something different with regards to vsa/abs,
one of them does both abs/vsa but this in unconfirmed.

ive went through a set of front tyres in 6 months due to not having abs.

i refuse to let honda uk take £64 to diagnose it.

my next move is to check for continuity on the sensors, by unplugging them and putting a multimeter on the terminals and see which one doesnt ring out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for responding.

Unfortunately I have very minimal knowledge and don't know how to read fault codes? Does this mean put it on a diagnostic machine or can I do it myself?

·
Registered
613 Posts
i have the exact same proplem, unfortunetly no one on here knows what the codes are and what they mean. if the sensors are gubbed, then i can replace them with oem sensors at £54 each.
Where do you get the sensors for that price? Honda quoted me around £150.

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Think this must be a common fault as i've had the twice, one on each Civic i own.

they ended up changing sensors on the front on both cars.... both under warrenty :D

·
Registered
135 Posts
Where do you get the sensors for that price? Honda quoted me around £150.
I called tms motor spares, there local to me and gave them my reg no, and they cam back with the price, I suspect there either a Unipart or similar but I WONT be getting Honda to replace them, once replaced I will get the vsa/abs light switch off using universal obd tool

I can replace all 4 for £200ish rather that 1 at £188 Honda price (tap tap!!!!)

·
Registered
135 Posts
just a note on the AA Repair thing, Its a Dodgy affair. my mate hit a pothole and instantly noticed his brakes shuddering and the ABS light came on, He called the garage and limped it there. The garage said the caliper was gubbed and the sensor was shattered. total cost £300+ vat, AA sent a independent mechanic and said it was normal wear and tear and wont be covered. You need to read the small print and have a mechanic that can make it look like unusual damage.

·
Premium Member
5,263 Posts
Get yourself a HDS system, plug it in and read the codes yourself, they are easy to use.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts