Check your alarm, does it work ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
261 - 280 of 714 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
sometimes it's ignorance
The sales guy at my dealer had apparently told many many customers that the Civics here have the internal sensors...until I explained he was wrong and showed him pics from the forum showing the differance... :D

·
You're or your..........
2,782 Posts
The sales guy at my dealer had apparently told many many customers that the Civics here have the internal sensors...until I explained he was wrong and showed him pics from the forum showing the differance... :D
If Carslberg made Honda dealerships they would employ the most knowledgeable people from civinfo and it would probably be the best dealership in the world ;)

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
If Carslberg made Honda dealerships they would employ the most knowledgeable people from civinfo and it would probably be the best dealership in the world ;)
:rofl:

·
TYPE R GT (R-15016)
2,224 Posts
Apparently HUK have released the new control unit and mines booked in next week

·
R - 11859
625 Posts
They told you a lie :mad: ..... you can make the alarm go off with the windows open.......... 30 seconds and wiggle those fingers through the window and fannys ya aunt....... wooo woooo woooo. I hate stealers lies:mad:
Your right Lee,I thought that too, cos i have read the manual last night and it doesn't mention it.
All garages are the same i hate them but we have no option but to use them.

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Just had mine fixed for the second time.

It looks like the instructions to Honda dealers are just to do a Ctl-Alt-Del - disconnect the battery for a few seconds - until they can identify what's causing the alarm system to get confused.

Mine's now working again, but not sure for how long.
A very short-term fix. Working again yesterday, gone again today.

Visit number 4 beckons on Monday!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I read this thread with some horror on Saturday night, and swiftly remembered it when I accidentally activated my alarm this afternoon with my new pressure washer. :oops:

At least I know it works now anyway!

·
TYPE R GT (R-15016)
2,224 Posts
Visit No 4 complete , new system control box in, fingers crossed !!! Thank God I had the Tracker fitted !!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Before I check mine what does the Type-s ( non GT model) have in terms of alarm. More to the point how does it differ from the Type-s GT if at all. Mines is a March 07 model btw.

I have noticed it lock itself from time to time if i have not entered soon after pressing unlock door button but cant find out exactly when it will do this and under what circumstances.

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Before I check mine what does the Type-s ( non GT model) have in terms of alarm. More to the point how does it differ from the Type-s GT if at all. Mines is a March 07 model btw.

I have noticed it lock itself from time to time if i have not entered soon after pressing unlock door button but cant find out exactly when it will do this and under what circumstances.
This is ubsolutely normal. If you unlock it and within 30 seconds you don't enter into the car then automatically locks itself

·
Registered
32 Posts
(...)I have noticed it lock itself from time to time if i have not entered soon after pressing unlock door button but cant find out exactly when it will do this and under what circumstances.

This is the normal behavior, it locks automatically if you don't open any of the doors. I think after 30 seconds ...

·
Civic gone, not forgotten
2,092 Posts
correct !! its a std part of Cat 1 alarms
I didn't think (though I am probably wrong:oops:) that a non GT type S had a Cat 1 alarm. I thought they just had the perimiter alarm like the SE and Sport 5dr models.

·
TYPE R GT (R-15016)
2,224 Posts
Well mine looks sorted now , keep trying it on a regular basis if they replaced yours recently it couild be with the old type control box and may fail again !

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Well mine looks sorted now , keep trying it on a regular basis if they replaced yours recently it couild be with the old type control box and may fail again !
I'm up to day nine now with a working alarm.

Third fix seems to have done the trick - it took them less than a minute, don't know what they did.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I know mine works: I left my girlfriend in the car when I popped in a shop and accidentally (force of habit) locked the car. When I came out I wondered why the alarm was going off then realised what I'd done. She wasn't happy - oops :oops:

Btw it's an 07 type s gt

261 - 280 of 714 Posts