2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed today with the help of a friend that my head lamp washers have stopped working. This has happened after 12k / 8 months. Very disappointed, hopefully this will be corrected on its first service on 21/11

·
Premium Member
1,615 Posts
O will check last time i was showing someone my car they loved them when i hit the washers by mistake

·
Registered
40 Posts
If your Washer bottle has become empty, It takes a few seconds for the headlight washers to prime. keep the stalk pulled back, untill the jets fill back up. I discovered this when I removed my front bumber to fit a new horn. I thought when i re assembled it that I had left a pipe off, but the system had drained and just needed refilling . IF the screen wash works then the headlamp wash is just an extension of the same system.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If your Washer bottle has become empty, It takes a few seconds for the headlight washers to prime. keep the stalk pulled back, untill the jets fill back up. I discovered this when I removed my front bumber to fit a new horn. I thought when i re assembled it that I had left a pipe off, but the system had drained and just needed refilling . IF the screen wash works then the headlamp wash is just an extension of the same system.

I have already found this out the first time i ran out of fluid. I thinking more on the lines the head lamp wash is not working as it is not seeing the trigger (lights on). Any ideas how it switches? Is there another pump actuated when the lights are on?

·
Registered
347 Posts
I have already found this out the first time i ran out of fluid. I thinking more on the lines the head lamp wash is not working as it is not seeing the trigger (lights on). Any ideas how it switches? Is there another pump actuated when the lights are on?
Sounds like a warranty job to me, unless it's really trivial.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi, just got in from work and on my journey home discovered to my delight that my windscreen washer jets had stopped spraying. Presuming that the reservoir was empty I filled it up and tried again........ Headlight washers spray magnificently but........... nothing onto the windscreen !!! Pulled the stalk back for a period / numerous times in case it took a while for the water to reach the nozzles but still nothing ? Does anyone know if its possible to have some kind of airlock in the supply pipes ?
Checked the manual and there is no seperate fuse for windscreen washers just the one for headlight washers ?????

The car is going in next week for it's 1st service / rear shock replacement and hopefully my replacement HID bulb ( £90 !!!!!!! ) so will be able to add this little problem to the mechanics jobsheet.

P.S this week had my 4th bit of sticky foam stuck inside my filler cap , let's see how long this lasts.

Still love the car though !!!!!

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
Hi, just got in from work and on my journey home discovered to my delight that my windscreen washer jets had stopped spraying. Presuming that the reservoir was empty I filled it up and tried again........ Headlight washers spray magnificently but........... nothing onto the windscreen !!! Pulled the stalk back for a period / numerous times in case it took a while for the water to reach the nozzles but still nothing ? Does anyone know if its possible to have some kind of airlock in the supply pipes ?
Checked the manual and there is no seperate fuse for windscreen washers just the one for headlight washers ?????

The car is going in next week for it's 1st service / rear shock replacement and hopefully my replacement HID bulb ( £90 !!!!!!! ) so will be able to add this little problem to the mechanics jobsheet.

P.S this week had my 4th bit of sticky foam stuck inside my filler cap , let's see how long this lasts.

Still love the car though !!!!!
Why not get them to replace the the filler cap at the same time. Took mine into dealers when could not open and they ordered new parts.Took a week to come in, so they used the good ol' foam as a temporary solution. Had no problems since.

·
Premium Member
1,615 Posts
whats the old cap look like and the new revlise cap on the in side look like ? whats the diffences ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts