2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well this is how i speant my sunny yesterday, lowering the civ, i found these apex springs on ebay for £100 brand new which i thought was great deal considering some sites wanted £140 that lowered it between 30mm-40mm, i think it has droped about 30mm which is what i was looking for. i havnt seen anyone else on here with them on a derv so i was a bit worried about the outcome but overall im a very happy chappy! i can comfirm that it now handles like a car!!! before it was like a boat rolling through corners with it sometimes understeering, now its stiff and corners flat, you can also tell it very slightly picked up a bit of camber from the lowering although iv bought of the camber bolts to set it up correctly but will let it bed in first :D

heres some shots off the phone and one to compare.....

during on the front, when i put the new springs on they didnt even need to be compressed they where so short but juist enough that couldnt couldnt jump around lol...

couldnt belive how heavy these are!!! its like what i curl!! my last wheels where about 8kg

fitted

slammed!!

again...

before...

enjoy

gazz.

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It will get lower as it settles as well :) its not that hard to do really is it? Were the droplinks a bugger?
came off nicely, but had to use the allen key to get it back on, they where in good condition so that helped. it was the top mounts that where a pain! had to find a swan neck spanner to undo that!

·
Dr. Evil
3,831 Posts
I wouldn't say it was slammed but it's a better stance nice work! Make sure your front mudflaps don't scrape!!
I'd imagine they will. Mine scraped on stock suspension, so I just took them off and binned them. Left the rears on though as they were fine, and will probably cut down on spray a bit (aren't I considerate? lol)

Looks good mate, I'll probably still go the eibach route, those yellow springs look a bit conspicuous, doubt I'll tell my insurance lol

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'd imagine they will. Mine scraped on stock suspension, so I just took them off and binned them. Left the rears on though as they were fine, and will probably cut down on spray a bit (aren't I considerate? lol)

Looks good mate, I'll probably still go the eibach route, those yellow springs look a bit conspicuous, doubt I'll tell my insurance lol
you cant see them tbh unless you lay down behind it and the front are imposs..

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I wouldn't say it was slammed but it's a better stance nice work! Make sure your front mudflaps don't scrape!!
i know lol just a phrase, thats why i didnt put it in the title. yeh they do all day long, as iv stained the plastic i didnt want to take it off at the time and look like a plonker with odd grey bits!! maybe tomorrow.

cheers.

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks for the comments people, red calipers and black wheels tomorrow :)

·
LOUD NOISES!!!
5,369 Posts
Good job, well done matey.

I see photo 3 got pass the swear filter...... tut tut ;)

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Good job, well done matey.

I see photo 3 got pass the swear filter...... tut tut ;)
i hate these pads!!! my friend/apprentice for the thought it would be funny lol...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts