2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
The Dugs Baws
3,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my renewal reminder a couple of weeks ago for road tax which was sore enough at £260, just back from the post office and it's up to £270!!!!!!

(waiting for the derv owners to reply and rub my face in it)

·
The Dugs Baws
3,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sheer greed ! The government are trying to price drivers off the road

Too true big man, as I stay in the styx public transport is not an option for me to get to work and back and I ain't going green.

·
Premium Member
2,410 Posts
What's worse is that the money collected from road tax does not go to maintain or construct new roads. It goes into the large pot that then gets split into different areas and one of the smallest areas of the pot is maintaining the roads.....funny that :facepalm:

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
Hate to make you feel worse mate but where i live we pay £0 road tax as it has been added to our fuel.

Oh our fuel is only £1.19 a litre :worms:

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
Yeah but your ridiculous penalties for speeding and lack of NSL zones makes that okay in my book :p ;)
Ha this is true although we do go away in the car 3 times a year which is £350 return for 2 people and a car to either France of England which is dam expensive

·
Premium Member
929 Posts
Sheer greed ! The government are trying to price drivers off the road
I don't agree with this.
If the truth be known the government would love us all to drive a Range Rover (thats poorly tuned).
Smoke 40 a day.
And get bladdered every night.
That would get them out the black hole they're in.
If we all drove 'micro' cars the tax income would have to be found else where like extra VAT to ensure they do get it. The same goes for if most packed up smoking & drinking.

·
WARRIOR
2,107 Posts
So in other words its our own fault/choice for having a N/A 2.0ltr gas guzler, away with ye man, lets all go green and feck everyone else and bump up the VAT lol:p:p:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
you think thats bad? Got my payline today..... Nat Ins up bout 40 quid, Pension up 45 quid, end result 85 a month worse off..... oh and did i mention no pay rise for last two years and none this year likely and if do capped at one percent max.........

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
Sadly tax on our car is going to keep going up and up.

Read a funny article the other day, so many road users are driving tax exempt cars now that the government are going to have to change the tax bands again. So all those cars under 100 grams of carbon are going to start paying tax too.

·
Learner
271 Posts
£120 if I remember for my derv.

·
Premium Member
3,588 Posts
Sadly tax on our car is going to keep going up and up.

Read a funny article the other day, so many road users are driving tax exempt cars now that the government are going to have to change the tax bands again. So all those cars under 100 grams of carbon are going to start paying tax too.
I said this ages ago. It was obvious they would change the rules when they started to lose money

1 - 20 of 59 Posts