2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

21 - 40 of 74 Posts

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
Just a couple more questions if you guys don't mind.

With the mentioned cables will I keep the original bluetooth voice call system or will it use the Joying's one?

Is the voice/mic quality good with the Joying unit?

And what about the rear camera? Original or the Joying's one?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had the joying in my 8th, the joying BLUETOOTH is very bad, either using the in HU internal mic or using the HU externel that comes from joying, That is why I wanted to keep the honda original one.
The joying revers camera is good, no difference from the reverse camera on the IMID.

But I have a question the bluetooth, Something that I though of today while driving,

How can you setup the Bluetooth after you remove the original radio ? The TEL button is not there anymore, How can you add/remove new phones? Go to address book?

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
How can you setup the Bluetooth after you remove the original radio ? The TEL button is not there anymore, How can you add/remove new phones? Go to address book?
Yes, good question indeed!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 · (Edited)
The bt unit will be disabled as this is a separate unit under the dash that connects to the HU, and the cable that connects to the Bt unit will have to be connected to the connects2 adapter....
About the BT joying unit.....i used to habe a Samsung S6 edge that didn't work well with the unit.. i have a s8 now with 8.0 android and i can tell you that it works flawless...to by belief it must have been the android version.. didn t try any other phones..

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
Thanks! So we use the Joying's BT system.
Is it too bad?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Thanks! So we use the Joying's BT system.
Is it too bad?
On a scale 1-10 i will give it a 4.. cauze i am using the internal mic now... i am planning to install the external one and i ll give it a score afterwards..

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
The bt unit will be disabled as this is a separate unit under the dash that connects to the HU, and the cable that connects to the Bt unit will have to be connected to the connects2 adapter....
I understand the the ORIGINAL BT still works, but how can you configure it after installing new HU?
Right now with the original HU , I have a button called TEL(obviously) ,by that I can configure and setup new phones\add new contact and so on...
Also, How can you browse the menu of the TEL option? right now the volume button scroll up\down in the IMID screen, what is going on with that?

How can you do that after installing the new HU? Joying for example.

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
If you ditch the original Honda handsfree system, then the Joying headunit takes over.
That is: you pair the phone, not with Honda BT, but with the Joying BT. Joying will have its own BT menu to pair the phone. I think.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
If you ditch the original Honda handsfree system, then the Joying headunit takes over.
That is: you pair the phone, not with Honda BT, but with the Joying BT. Joying will have its own BT menu to pair the phone. I think.
Right,

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
How about premium audio. Do i need some extra parts to wire chinese Joying?
As i recall the premium audio has a subwoofer in the trunk. If so, there is also an ampliffier. What does the Hu look like? There should be extra wires ... it s best for you to try upgrading the speakers first if the audio is the issue..

·
Registered
90 Posts
As i recall the premium audio has a subwoofer in the trunk. If so, there is also an ampliffier. What does the Hu look like? There should be extra wires ... it s best for you to try upgrading the speakers first if the audio is the issue..

yes i got subwoofer, HU looks like this

but with sign Premium Audio System below CD tray.

Speakers are awesome i dont want to change it, only i want touch screen like HU Android on '15 and later.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
yes i got subwoofer, HU looks like this

but with sign Premium Audio System below CD tray.

Speakers are awesome i dont want to change it, only i want touch screen like HU Android on '15 and later.
Ok, it looks like the one i have.. should be the same wires than.... but check with the connects 2 adapter as i think they are not compatible with the premium sound..google for their website and call them..

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
My dear friends, I need your kind help. The items are installed, but I get no sound and no steering wheels controls.
I connected the wires like this, but have a few questions (see image below):
Thank you!

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
Thanks!
However it's not clear where the big clip is supposed to be connected.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Thanks!
However it's not clear where the big clip is supposed to be connected.
If you are referring to the "car plug not found" that connects to the Bluetooth harness (inside the glovebox upper part) you will see the square black box.

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
If you are referring to the "car plug not found" that connects to the Bluetooth harness (inside the glovebox upper part) you will see the square black box.
Thanks for the tip! No wonder I couldn't see it. I'll check that.

21 - 40 of 74 Posts