2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

41 - 60 of 74 Posts

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
Nope. No sound and no steering wheel function even connecting that plug.

Anyone with this or similar setup in a Civic 9gen 1.6 i-dtec (maybe the diesel has an external amp)?

I'm freaking out!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Nope. No sound and no steering wheel function even connecting that plug.

Anyone with this or similar setup in a Civic 9gen 1.6 i-dtec (maybe the diesel has an external amp)?

I'm freaking out!
do you have a subwoofer in the trunk?

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
Describe your whole setup.. does it power on? did you plug in the key1, key 2 and GND wires? i assume you have they joying HU.
Yes, it powers on and runs without glitches, however there is no sound or steering wheel function. Other than that, all's fine.
No aftermarket speakers or amps, no subwoofer. All OEM.
This is the unit:
https://www.joyingauto.eu/joying-be...t-hd-resolution-head-unit-bluetooth-wifi.html

I tried attaching the key 1, key 2 to the labeled wires, still no luck. Where do I wire the ground one?
It all seems pretty straight forward, but it's giving me headaches.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Thanks for the tip! No wonder I couldn't see it. I'll check that.
check the joying Hu wire diagram and look for the negative (- ) wire in the wire harness. tap into that one. usually the color is black but just to make sure check the wire diagram

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
check the joying Hu wire diagram and look for the negative (- ) wire in the wire harness. tap into that one. usually the color is black but just to make sure check the wire diagram
Ok, steering wheel controls are now working! Thanks!
But no sound comes from the speakers, not in gps, mp3 or radio. The dash display says "Audio disconnected".

There are two car plugs that are left empty. Is this normal?

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
Well, the Civic diesel has indeed an amplifier. I had to connect the speaker wires directly to the ISO plug, otherwise I didn't get any sound.

Final result (obd2 info on screen) :grin2:.

The amplifier plug:

The wires:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
1.So, the amp is located on the right side footwell?
2.Now play with the android launchers.. i have tested a couple of them cause the oem joying launchers are rubbish..i have now the Nova launcher (bought the pro version). Car Launcher (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.autolauncher.motorcar&hl=en) was also nice..
3. Play with the equalizer setting and tuneup the sound...(i saw you also have the one with the digital amp integrated)...
4. Did you change the speakers?

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
1.So, the amp is located on the right side footwell?
2.Now play with the android launchers.. i have tested a couple of them cause the oem joying launchers are rubbish..i have now the Nova launcher (bought the pro version). Car Launcher (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.autolauncher.motorcar&hl=en) was also nice..
3. Play with the equalizer setting and tuneup the sound...(i saw you also have the one with the digital amp integrated)...
4. Did you change the speakers?
Yes, the amp is located in the centre console, just below the AC controls. It's acessible from the footwell.
Thanks! Now it's time to install apps and fine tuning the sound.
Maybe I'll change the speakers later, I don't know. For now it's oem.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well, the Civic diesel has indeed an amplifier. I had to connect the speaker wires directly to the ISO plug, otherwise I didn't get any sound.

Final result (obd2 info on screen) :grin2:.

The amplifier plug:

The wires:
Which loom are the speaker wires on the amp and also where is the Bluetooth module. I am going to do this tomorrow. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Better speakers won't make any difference since the HU is not powerful enough to drive them. It will be even worse..
Yikes, this looks so much fuss, makes me reconsider upgrading my HU. :D Probably better speakers will do...
Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
Ooo, what did you do to the imid? I'm guessing that's a static wallpaper?

I'm also guessing that you had the non - touchscreen headunit, unless you've found A to set the wallpaper with the connect unit?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
Yes, I had the non-touch unit. It's only a wallpaper. :grin2:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Good day. I just picked up my unit today, also a Chinese brand but not a Joking Unit. So, a question or two:

1stly, how long will it take to do the job? I'm fairly competent in following an instruction manual, and being an Aircraft Technician also helps so I'm fairly technical in my abilities, but I also don't want to to start only to find it takes me the whole day as I intend to install the unit this afternoon after work.

2ndly, I have a 2.2 diesel 'Vic with the subwoofer in boot, and I'm not sure if that means the Premium sound is included or not. So my question is, will the system work with just the plugs installed, or not. If not, are there any modifications that I will have to do in order to get all speakers to work, including steering wheel controls and the subwoofer?

Thanks in advance

41 - 60 of 74 Posts