2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my civic from new four months ago and already i have found 12 chips in the paintwork, and no i don't drive up behind others cars.

Has anyone else noticed this on their car as i never this problem with my last civic.

If so has anyone taken this up with honda and what did they say?

Thanks

·
Onto my second Civic
469 Posts
This is a common issue with the current model.

Do a search on "stone chips" or similar: there have been many threads, some running to dozens of posts.

I believe some people have taken it up with dealers and Honda direct but I'm not aware of any redress other than the odd part funded local respray for new cars.

I have dozens of chips on my FN2 (it's only covered 7000 miles) and am considering a bonnet respray later this year.

·
The Talented Mr. Robbieee
3,295 Posts
I don't think it's wise to do a search on "stone chips"... It might crash the civinfo website...! Haha

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have a deep blue saphire blue Si and i'm also considering having my bonnet resprayed black due to the amount of stone chips .... grrrr

definately going to take it up with my local dealer!

cheers guys

·
Registered
631 Posts
My Milano was the same after 2k dealer was very helpful and put it down as a warranty claim, it was HUK that were not very helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

09 Milano ctr no turbo required..

·
Premium Member
15,644 Posts
Robbie is right...Loads of threads on this and many angry owners too
Honda will not do anything
Their dealers and salesmen say its not a problem......
One salesman that frequents this forum suggested it was the shape of the bonnet..LOL....Quite frankly hilarious and inflammatory IMO...I sold my car mainly because of the crap paint
To sum up..Youll have to live with it I'm afraid

·
Registered
631 Posts
I got halfords Milano touch up stick, and I'm surprised at the results can not see and chips on my bonnet, looks fine, best 7 quid I ever spent I just stay on top of it every couple of washes,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

09 Milano ctr no turbo required..

·
3,295 Posts
In some cases, you can get it sorted under warranty. Depends what mood the service manager is in that day!

·
3,295 Posts
My dealer wasnt interested in the slightest!!
I sounded the honda paintshop out when i was in a year or so ago.

Me - "How many successful warranty claims has there been for bonnet/wing re-sprays due to stone chips?"
Painter - "I have had a few but its all down to the warranty guy over in the main building"
Me - "Will try him then" (i never bothered but i got the feeling if i pushed it, it would have got done)

2 weeks later some woman smashed into me and her insurance paid for a front half respray :) Lucky or what haha

1 - 11 of 11 Posts