2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So at first it was all about this one the dealer wouldn't budge on price though.
2007 Honda Civic 2.2 i CTDi EX 5dr 5 door Hatchback | eBay

But then i found this one, the dealer was much nicer fdsh it looked a bit worn but the dealer was all over it telling me they would replace the gearknob and get new number plates then said they would give me a 12 months mot with all advisory's fixed, also they would give me two new front tyres and they knocked off 250 from the asking price. i know its not as high spec and i would miss having cruise control but its 700 cheaper. Its the one i like..... i think any suggestions?

Honda Civic 2.2i-CTDi Sport 5dr

·
No Smoke no poke
3,589 Posts
My Money Id go for the Cornwall dealer - integrated sat nav, leather, cruise, storm 18" alloys and pano roof.

Wardy

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
I have a 55 reg sport identical to the second one and think it looks far better than the EX you've posted. I personally don't like the wheel upgrade on the EX, it will make the ride very harsh, and the leather would be hellish hot in summer (I'd never buy with leather for that reason)... so I reckon you've made the right decision.

The price is probably a bit steep but if he's prepping it properly then that's probably fair (mine cost significantly less but it came from within the family so I only paid trade in value for it).

The only thing I'd question is whether it has had some spray work on the drivers door and front wing - they look a slightly different colour in the pictures but that may be nothing.

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah the prices in Cornwall tend to be more expensive to be honest after having a look around with its mileage it's about right. It's come back hi clear with no body work recorded with the 700 quid I'm saving I can touch up/replace any tatty bits to be fair.

·
Supporter
3,159 Posts
I prefer the 1st, better spec, there must be more than £700 of extras, I have had leather and I agree it gets hot and takes some looking after and I do prefer a quality cloth now but the second ones interior looks a strange colour in some shots and the drivers door does look to be a different shade but that could be a trick of the light?

The important thing is what you prefer, you will need to live with it, what I like and what you like (depending on our needs) will be different.

Whatever you choose, good health to enjoy driving it.

·
Supporter
3,159 Posts
So at first it was all about this one the dealer wouldn't budge on price though.
2007 Honda Civic 2.2 i CTDi EX 5dr 5 door Hatchback | eBay

But then i found this one, the dealer was much nicer fdsh it looked a bit worn but the dealer was all over it telling me they would replace the gearknob and get new number plates then said they would give me a 12 months mot with all advisory's fixed, also they would give me two new front tyres and they knocked off 250 from the asking price. i know its not as high spec and i would miss having cruise control but its 700 cheaper. Its the one i like..... i think any suggestions?

Honda Civic 2.2i-CTDi Sport 5dr
Just be careful with promises, too many stories on here of faults not being fixed or done cheaply, personally I would rather pay a wee bit more and go for a straight car with nothing needing done or replaced, one they have your money the ball is in their court caveat emptor and all that

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The only thing with the second one is this problem with the led lights
any one seen this before?

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
I'm with civicnewbie on this, all the freebies and extra discount makes me wonder why they're so keen to sell it? As they say, if it seems too good to be true... but if you're happy with it and the faults & niggles are only cosmetic rather than mechanical, then leather & cruise control aren't worth £700 extra IMO.

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's it apart from the led issue above its all cosmetic took it for a test drive and it seemed faultless. I'm not a big fan of leather to be honest but a fan of cruise control. I will be looking at playing with it anyway (remap) ect so after a good polish and wax she will be better. It's only just come in so she wasn't completely ready and I was still fairly happy with it.

·
Supporter
3,159 Posts
so which one you going for?

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
As long as that weird led thing isn't serious then I'm going for the cheaper one the only thing that the other one has got that I would like is cruise control and 700 quid is too much to pay for that. They have a good rep down at that dealer it has better service history. So I think it's a win. I think!

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
I think there are some posts on here about that sort of issue with the LED... check with a search in the audio section!

·
Registered
408 Posts
I prefer the first one. Be wary of tatty cars as it means it's not been looked after and probably thrashed. They certainly hold there value as I paid 10k for one three years old so if after another six years I get 5k I be laughing.

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Led issue seems to be soldering on the chip itself. who ever owned it took the time to take it to a dealer to get it serviced every time so im not to concerned on how its been treated, it was really is the ex worth 700 quid more in used car money when im not a fan of leather seats, ive already got a very good tomtom sat nav so thats not a plus for me either.

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
The EX will have bluetooth so if you are thinking about adding that on to the sport you're talking around £150 for a decent parrot, brings you down to a 550 saving at that point.
Like db4193 said they will put budget tyres on so you after replacing those with decent ones your down to a £400 saving (roughly)
LED fix cost £50? maybe not sure - £350 saving

You'll get the dealing down £100 on the EX im sure so at that point your paying about £250 for the better spec with cruise control

·
Registered
408 Posts
Only you can decide that. It's also newer though? I don't particulaly like leather seats just I hate cars where you get blanked off switches which are reserved for the higher spec models. For instance the ones between the cig lighter that are for heated seats etc. So long as it's not going to fall apart I think both cars look great. £700 is a big saving too.

·
Bye bye Honda...
5,896 Posts
Always bear in mind that car dealers are all lying scumbags. So definitely don't buy until ALL the things you don't like have been fixed to your complete satisfaction... There's no way they'll fix all the problems properly if you've already paid!

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
nope not paid yet and ive told them about the other civic so they know they have competition, and they way i look and it 700= new front grill+remap and then what ever is left money toward a new clutch which will be needed soon after the remap! If i can get it anywhere near as good as my much loved old fabia vrs i will be more than happy.

·
Premium Member
1,542 Posts
I'd be wanting the display repaired, what are you going to do if it fails completely and you're left with a costly repair, difficult to use the climate control, radio etc.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts