2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Enjoying life
8,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't decide what performance mod to have done. I'm not going to do loads with the car but I would like to tweak it a bit.

If you had a stock car what would be your first performance mod?

Ok, one performance mod and one other mod - what would you do?

·
Premium Member
774 Posts
Personally, I would have tried the balance shaft removal kit (JDM civic oil pump or Toda) first if I was to start again, but that is quite the expense for a single mod. It appears to be the single largest gain to be had without any ecu tinkering.

Without going to the expense of mapping, an exhaust and/or an intake will release some power and you could get whatever sound you'd like. Obviously there are many choices to suit your particular taste.

·
retroppuS
957 Posts
Performance... induction kit
Other mod... light upgrade

·
Enjoying life
8,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What's the budget and what kind of driving do you normally do?
Budget is what I can get away with :D. Normal driving, open the taps occasionally.

Would like a bit of sound, bit more mid range.

·
Enjoying life
8,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Thinking of the 17mm spacers on the fronts and 20mm on the back. Anyone got a pic of similar without being lowered?
I have made an induction kit, just haven't put it on. Uses the original intake pipe with a maf section added, then some silicon pipe to a cone filter with a Heatshield surround.

If you put on an induction kit do you need to disconnect the battery so that the ecu "learns" the new setup? Or am I talking crap? :p

·
retroppuS
957 Posts
I disconnected mines whilst fitting.
Reason being is the instructions said so and I didn't fancy any accidental zaps

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Quick shifter was one of the first things I did to mine an it changes the way it drives making the shift so much nicer than before. I would have said you couldn't have improved on the gear changes cause standard it feels right but the quick shifters out there really do an not to expensive either and if you get the teg you can get money back sending them your standard one

·
Fox Main
66 Posts
I'm in the same boat at the minute.

Just smoothed out my airbox, and have the ducting and funnel on the way to attach the cold air feed that mimics the driven crazy scoopin.

Next I think will be 15mm springs and a FRSU, followed by catback, then probably S2500 pads.

Trying to separate the mods out; not sure whether it's a good idea or not :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
No I didn't disconnect the battery, didn't see the point for this particular mod. Anything electrical then yeah always!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
191 Posts
Thinking of the 17mm spacers on the fronts and 20mm on the back. Anyone got a pic of similar without being lowered?
I have made an induction kit, just haven't put it on. Uses the original intake pipe with a maf section added, then some silicon pipe to a cone filter with a Heatshield surround.
I have ordered 17mm/20mm spacers from Freaky Parts and waiting for delivery. When it's done i will post some photos.

Would you be able to do some noise recording of this induction you made? Apart from usual acceleration some motorway speed @ constant throttle?

·
Enjoying life
8,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I would if fitted. Perhaps Kestertonj would be kind enough?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm not sure my microphone is up to the job! YouTube fn2 HKS RSK and it is quite similar volume wise. Just a slightly different tone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 25 Posts