2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have the perspex grille on my Type S GT, and I am always jealous when I see the mesh grilles, so I have decided to change it.

I have read up on the different grilles; the sports grille, the type s grille, and the type R, and I am awfully baffled with them :mad:

I have looked at the following items:

Genuine Honda Civic 2007> Mesh Grille Dark Chrome TypeS on eBay (end time 26-Jul-10 15:30:09 BST)

and

GENUINE HONDA CIVIC FRONT SPORTS GRILLE on eBay (end time 03-Aug-10 15:59:31 BST)

I would prefer the mesh grille with the dark chrome surround, so I guess the first link should be the correct choice. Or could I get a Type R grille and change the red badge to a silver badge (dont want to be a Type R replica)?

Can anyone help by telling me if that the only item I will need to replace my existing grille? or even tell me where I can get the grille for a better price maybe ;)

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
you will find alot of people go for the Type R grill. I think it looks best apart from the mugen.

I personally would go Type R. But because I own one I may just be biasd.

·
<3
2,103 Posts
I have the one in the second link you listed, I quite like the chrome but I am yet to see the first one in the flesh to be able to see the difference.. Suppose it depends how much you want to spend :worms:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all your replies.

Saying that, the difference between the two links i previously posted would just be the shiny and dark chrome surround?? and the difference of these to the Type R grille would just be the red badge? what type of surround does the Type R grille have?

and in terms of price, the 2nd link is at £100, the 1st link is at £130 (inc p&p), and i've seen the Type R grille for sale on this forum for £150 minimum.

and if I was to get the Type R grille, I will need to find and buy the silver badge, anyone know roughly how much that might be??

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
forgot to add in terms of the price, the difference isnt huge between the 1st and 2nd, compared to the 2nd and 3rd ¬_¬ troublesome... lol =p

·
<3
2,103 Posts
Yip not much difference in price really! Umm I am sure I have read somewhere that its a bit of a pain changing the H. Take a look here http://www.civinfo.com/forum/styling/41274-silver-h-grille-badge-ctr-grille.html (this was changing to red though I think but maybe same principle??) I havent read the full thread though! You may be better with the sport or the SI grille (i think) also these come in one piece whereas the Type R Grille is in couple of pieces... ;) so double check you buy the complete grille for Type R if you are getting from ebay!

Im sure someone will correct me if I am wrong :D:D

Thats enough from me lol ;) hope its clear :D You could always look here http://www.civinfo.com/forum/how/6088-how-change-type-r-grill.html quite a useful thread for changing the grille!

Phew I need a drink now.... :popcorn2:

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
There are 4 no. different 'mesh' grills ...

1} CTR (3 pieces)

2} CTS (3 pieces)

3} "Si" (3 pieces)

4} Sport (1 piece)

The first three are factory originals and are not that cheap (I paid some £215 + VAT and shipping for an "Si" - although the CTR could be even dearer - the last one is an 'accessory part and is about half the price ...

I chose the "Si" (after lengthy deliberation) as it has a 'Graphite' coloured lower moulding ...

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks a lot WG for the links, thats exactly what I wanted, well if I was to buy the Type R grille, but it seems that people in that thread were throwing money down the drain by getting the Type R grille, as they then needed a Type S mesh :(

Phew I need a drink now.... :popcorn2:
And isn't it slightly easy for that now?? =/ but as you like... =p

There are 4 no. different 'mesh' grills ...

1} CTR (3 pieces)

2} CTS (3 pieces)

3} "Si" (3 pieces)

4} Sport (1 piece)
Cheers Riddell for the breakdown of the different grilles, but I went into Honda about a week ago saying I wanted the mesh grille, and the only item he knew about was the Type R grille, and that I would have to change the emblem...he knew less than me, or basically nothing as it took him 15 minutes just to find the parts on his computer... =/

Could you tell me what type of grilles the 2 are in the ebay links i posted previously please? :)

·
<3
2,103 Posts
Thanks a lot WG for the links, thats exactly what I wanted, well if I was to buy the Type R grille, but it seems that people in that thread were throwing money down the drain by getting the Type R grille, as they then needed a Type S mesh :(

And isn't it slightly easy for that now?? =/ but as you like... =p
No probs! :D

I was referring to coffee ;);)

Keep us posted with what you decide on!

·
9,228 Posts
????My CTR Grill was 2 pieces JD???
Do you mean 3 with the badge?

Strictly speaking, they have 5 part nos ...
  • Mesh
  • Base
  • Moulding
  • Emblem
  • Push-nuts
However, the dealer (or whoever) usually preassembles to some extent - mine was actually delivered all-in-one ! ...
When I said 3, I meant mesh \ base \ moulding only ...

·
9,228 Posts
....... Cheers Riddell for the breakdown of the different grilles, but I went into Honda about a week ago saying I wanted the mesh grille, and the only item he knew about was the Type R grille, and that I would have to change the emblem...he knew less than me, or basically nothing as it took him 15 minutes just to find the parts on his computer... =/ Could you tell me what type of grilles the 2 are in the ebay links i posted previously please? :)
The first is almost certainly the CTS (light isn't so good - I thought at first it could be the 'Si') - the second is definitely the Sport ...

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No probs! :D

I was referring to coffee ;);)

Keep us posted with what you decide on!
Ah sorry, i just realised i didnt even make sense by saying 'easy', was supposed to be 'early' but you probably figured that... and coffee in this kind of weather =/ its too hot to even sleep, talk about having a hot drink... go get urself a frapuccino! ;)

The first is almost certainly the CTS (light isn't so good - I thought at first it could be the 'Si') - the second is definitely the Sport ...
Thanks Riddell again, i guess the second link is out of the competition then :)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
The first picture is the exact one that is in the swedish accessory catalogue. The text for the picture says "sport grille". The chrome surround on that is darkish (that is the one I have).

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Having msgd holdcroft about the 2nd ebay link, they replied saying that it is the dark chrome surround, and is the same kit as the first link but just cheaper =/

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Having tried to find more info about these grilles, people in previous threads have looked at parts on 'http://www.honda-access.com/268/en/intro.jsp'

I happened to check it out too, but i am confused as they have two front grilles for the 2010 Type S, codes being 08F21-SMG-600B and 08F21-SMG-600C, both using the same picture =/ anyone know the difference?

·
9,228 Posts
Having tried to find more info about these grilles, people in previous threads have looked at parts on 'http://www.honda-access.com/268/en/intro.jsp' I happened to check it out too, but i am confused as they have two front grilles for the 2010 Type S, codes being 08F21-SMG-600B and 08F21-SMG-600C, both using the same picture =/ anyone know the difference?
The 600B is for the i-Shift \ Auto box, and the 600C is for all manuals ...

Reactions: darkb3at
1 - 20 of 24 Posts