2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and the missus have just been quoted £415 on the car we share which i think is quite good. Excess is £600 but has always been between £500-£600.

Postcode area rating is a C so i am quite happy with that quote.

·
Premium Member
804 Posts
They have been good for me over the last few years I had quotes gor my dc5 from flux and greenlight for £800 and I have 19 years ncd but just got it for £530 from chriss knott with protected ncd and hire car etc

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk 2

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They have been good for me over the last few years I had quotes gor my dc5 from flux and greenlight for £800 and I have 19 years ncd but just got it for £530 from chriss knott with protected ncd and hire car etc

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk 2
What's your excess mate? We are both 27 as well to give you an idea as age is always taken into consideration.

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Something I thought about last night, can someone advise..... Me and my missus share a car and I was thinking if we don't change who's name it is in each year, does that person then lose all their no claims? We both have over 9 years each and had our own cars up until June last year and since then we share cars. Can someone advise please.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Hi Lloyd86,

Most Insurers will only accept NCB in your name for up to 2 years after the last policy in your respective names expired.

With this in mind (and to be safe) if you're looking to preserve both sets of NCB you would need to take it in turns to cover the vehicle each year.

This would keep both sets of NCB live until you went back to two cars.

Kind regards

Tony

Something I thought about last night, can someone advise..... Me and my missus share a car and I was thinking if we don't change who's name it is in each year, does that person then lose all their no claims? We both have over 9 years each and had our own cars up until June last year and since then we share cars. Can someone advise please.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts