2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all,

I recently bought a facelift FK2 1.8 Honda Civic EG in black colour. I had the prefacelift FK1 1.4 in silver before. So basically, I am going for the Type R styling route. After a long time of research and collecting the parts that I need, the journey has finally started.

It started like this, honestly the car looks great with the red accents and facelift grills, but the look of Type R is way better ofcourse.

Started with taking the bumper off and installing the Type R headlights. It wasn't a straight swap. There were some adjugdements needed to be make on the existing cables in order to make the lights work. Thanks to my friend for this part, he is a professional in this job. And also this thread Head - Need headlight connector

Follow up, the Type R low and fog grills are installed. I also changed a new front garnish panel (without the red garnish trim on the middle). The look of the car has become more sportish, but it is unfinished. More will come in the future.

I ordered the complete FK2 Iconic Type R body kit. It comes with the front split, side skirts, diffuser and the 4 exhausting tips unpainted.

Because of the existing exhaust system on the facelift is different than the FK2 Type R, I had to make sure that if it was possible to customize the exhaust system to be able to connect the 4 tips. The answer is yes it is possible, but the rear end silencer have to be removed. So we tested the sound without the rear end silencer (unscrewed bolt somewhere in the middle/end pipe). Surprisingly the sound was not only bearable, but it made the sound of the car way better than before (And should be able to gain a few hp because of more airflow).

Right now I am waiting for the body kit I have mentioned before. When it arrive it has to be painted together with this spoiler, bonnet (got a few stone chips) and 4x wheel arches. More pics will come in the future.

Ps: all the parts are from either honda dealer or 2nd hand from allegro.pl.

Cheers,
Kelvin

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
So I went to a few painting garage. The cheapest is EUR 1.500 for all the body/car parts (10 parts) for prime, sand and spray. Rip wallet.

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Hello all,

I recently bought a facelift FK2 1.8 Honda Civic EG in black colour. I had the prefacelift FK1 1.4 in silver before. So basically, I am going for the Type R styling route. After a long time of research and collecting the parts that I need, the journey has finally started.
View attachment 318729
View attachment 318730
It started like this, honestly the car looks great with the red accents and facelift grills, but the look of Type R is way better ofcourse.

View attachment 318731
View attachment 318732
Started with taking the bumper off and installing the Type R headlights. It wasn't a straight swap. There were some adjugdements needed to be make on the existing cables in order to make the lights work. Thanks to my friend for this part, he is a professional in this job. And also this thread Head - Need headlight connector

View attachment 318757
View attachment 318733
Follow up, the Type R low and fog grills are installed. I also changed a new front garnish panel (without the red garnish trim on the middle). The look of the car has become more sportish, but it is unfinished. More will come in the future.

I ordered the complete FK2 Iconic Type R body kit. It comes with the front split, side skirts, diffuser and the 4 exhausting tips unpainted.
View attachment 318734 View attachment 318735 View attachment 318736
Because of the existing exhaust system on the facelift is different than the FK2 Type R, I had to make sure that if it was possible to customize the exhaust system to be able to connect the 4 tips. The answer is yes it is possible, but the rear end silencer have to be removed. So we tested the sound without the rear end silencer (unscrewed bolt somewhere in the middle/end pipe). Surprisingly the sound was not only bearable, but it made the sound of the car way better than before (And should be able to gain a few hp because of more airflow).
View attachment 318737
Right now I am waiting for the body kit I have mentioned before. When it arrive it has to be painted together with this spoiler, bonnet (got a few stone chips) and 4x wheel arches. More pics will come in the future.

Cheers,
Kelvin
Hello all,

View attachment 318729
View attachment 318730

View attachment 318731
View attachment 318732

View attachment 318757
View attachment 318733

View attachment 318734 View attachment 318735 View attachment 318736
View attachment 318737

Cheers,
Kelvin
looking good

1 - 4 of 4 Posts