·
Registered
CW GT
2,081 Posts

·
Heading for the naughty step
Alabaster civic 08 Type R
2,600 Posts
That is the real beast right there. I still need to put the red stripe on mine upfront and in the back.

I tinted the two windows in the back. I like the sporty mystery look now.

View attachment 320206 View attachment 320207 View attachment 320208
Next thing to do would be the side skirts and the stripes.
That is coming along nice. The amount off work gone into that doesn’t comprehend to the uploads you have on here. Well done so far sir, 👍👍👍👍👍. I am looking at tinting my rear window on my fn2 but don’t want to go full out black, what range of tint is that on the windows?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 · (Edited)
Might be worth popping the red front on again it may work better now the other red items are fitted :) flow from front to rear now
Yeah that is true. I got them stripes ready, but havent got time to get it on a car bridge. The plan is to paint my callipers this Saturday.

That is coming along nice. The amount off work gone into that doesn’t comprehend to the uploads you have on here. Well done so far sir, 👍👍👍👍👍. I am looking at tinting my rear window on my fn2 but don’t want to go full out black, what range of tint is that on the windows?
Thanks mate. Had this project planned and processed for over a year. Happy that it worked out so far. I am official a ricer, but a happy one. Not everyone got enough money for the Type R 😂. Mine is 15% tinted. I would suggest not go lower than this. Otherwise you will have trouble to look outside when it is dark. Will try to make more pictures when the weather is better.

·
2,600 Posts
No, ricers just stick this and that on that don’t have any relation to the car what’s so ever, that’s why they look chav lol.
You have kitted out correctly in relation to your car and methodically, designed fitted and that shows in abundance, smart and sleek that’s what I see.👍👍

·
Registered
CW GT
2,081 Posts
No, ricers just stick this and that on that don’t have any relation to the car what’s so ever, that’s why they look chav lol.
You have kitted out correctly in relation to your car and methodically, designed fitted and that shows in abundance, smart and sleek that’s what I see.👍👍
Agree 100% i see a custom modified car. No ricer in sight here.

On ricers wth is the latest craze for funky tinted windscreens??? Seen a few on the road.
Is that our led headlights causing it or by design? If a front tint im surprised they aint pulled for it.

Looks dammed good tbh but wooah

Reactions: Chronotjai

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I try to minimalize the mods and sticking as close as possible to the Type R 🙂. Anyway new update on the car. Spent whole weekend cleaning, sanding and painting my callipers. Got it with every time 3 layers prime, then base and afterwards clear coat. Painful job, so happy that is all done and with a decent result. Hopefully it will last a long time.

Also I finally managed to get the red stripes on while I was doing the callipers. Need some rest until the next project :ROFLMAO:.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Hi folks. It has been awhile since the last post. I am glad to bring you guys a step further of my project. The side skirts has finally been attached and I am happy and relieved that it worked out perfectly. I have to say that the skirts were the most difficult of all parts, but Iconic Design still did a very good job here.
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Hood

Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting

Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Motor vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

On the same day I changed the halogen fog lamps to led fog lamps with an option to change the colour into white or yellow. I like both colours a lot, but the yellow colour is smooth!
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Grille
Wheel Tire Grille Vehicle Car

Next step will be new wheels and tires and after that navigation.

·
Registered
CW GT
2,081 Posts
n the FK2 gel overlays to match wheel centers mate i did mine makes such a big difference :) reduces chrome amount also to a thin line.

·
2,600 Posts
Hi folks. It has been awhile since the last post. I am glad to bring you guys a step further of my project. The side skirts has finally been attached and I am happy and relieved that it worked out perfectly. I have to say that the skirts were the most difficult of all parts, but Iconic Design still did a very good job here.
View attachment 321791
View attachment 321792
View attachment 321793
View attachment 321794 View attachment 321795

On the same day I changed the halogen fog lamps to led fog lamps with an option to change the colour into white or yellow. I like both colours a lot, but the yellow colour is smooth!
View attachment 321796
View attachment 321797 View attachment 321798 View attachment 321799 View attachment 321800
Next step will be new wheels and tires and after that navigation.
White all the way for me mate, not fan of yellow, too many colours going on. Black, red and white is very nice indeed. It’s coming along very well👍👍👍

·
Registered
162 Posts
Hello all,

I recently bought a facelift FK2 1.8 Honda Civic EG in black colour. I had the prefacelift FK1 1.4 in silver before. So basically, I am going for the Type R styling route. After a long time of research and collecting the parts that I need, the journey has finally started.
View attachment 318729
View attachment 318730
It started like this, honestly the car looks great with the red accents and facelift grills, but the look of Type R is way better ofcourse.

View attachment 318731
View attachment 318732
Started with taking the bumper off and installing the Type R headlights. It wasn't a straight swap. There were some adjugdements needed to be make on the existing cables in order to make the lights work. Thanks to my friend for this part, he is a professional in this job. And also this thread Head - Need headlight connector

View attachment 318757
View attachment 318733
Follow up, the Type R low and fog grills are installed. I also changed a new front garnish panel (without the red garnish trim on the middle). The look of the car has become more sportish, but it is unfinished. More will come in the future.

I ordered the complete FK2 Iconic Type R body kit. It comes with the front split, side skirts, diffuser and the 4 exhausting tips unpainted.
View attachment 318734 View attachment 318735 View attachment 318736
Because of the existing exhaust system on the facelift is different than the FK2 Type R, I had to make sure that if it was possible to customize the exhaust system to be able to connect the 4 tips. The answer is yes it is possible, but the rear end silencer have to be removed. So we tested the sound without the rear end silencer (unscrewed bolt somewhere in the middle/end pipe). Surprisingly the sound was not only bearable, but it made the sound of the car way better than before (And should be able to gain a few hp because of more airflow).
View attachment 318737
Right now I am waiting for the body kit I have mentioned before. When it arrive it has to be painted together with this spoiler, bonnet (got a few stone chips) and 4x wheel arches. More pics will come in the future.

Ps: all the parts are from either honda dealer or 2nd hand from allegro.pl.

Cheers,
Chrono
hey mate, in regards to removing the rear silencer, what did this sound like? Was it just a case of removing 1 or 2 screws? Looking at getting that extra bit of ommpf out of my exhaust!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
n the FK2 gel overlays to match wheel centers mate i did mine makes such a big difference :) reduces chrome amount also to a thin line.
Ya mate. Going for the black wheels. I like the chrome Honda badge in my case, otherwise too much black, but it might look good. Could change it in the future.

White all the way for me mate, not fan of yellow, too many colours going on. Black, red and white is very nice indeed. It’s coming along very well👍👍👍
Yeah white is looking cool, much better than the standard halogen. But I think I said it wrong, I could switch the colour back and forth with the fog switch. So that means I can turn it white whenever I feel like it or yellow 🙂. Thanks for your opinion though.

hey mate, in regards to removing the rear silencer, what did this sound like? Was it just a case of removing 1 or 2 screws? Looking at getting that extra bit of ommpf out of my exhaust!
Hello, good to see that you are still hanging out on this forum. If you want to test the sound if it is bearable/allowed (depends on the country), then you could unscrew 1 screw from the middle pipe ("so it is not the rear silencer"). The sound will be muff compared when you got both exhaust mounted. But if you go this route, you won't regret it. I recorded the sound of my car, hope you like it Car sound 1 -------- Car sound 2

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello all,

I recently bought a facelift FK2 1.8 Honda Civic EG in black colour. I had the prefacelift FK1 1.4 in silver before. So basically, I am going for the Type R styling route. After a long time of research and collecting the parts that I need, the journey has finally started.
View attachment 318729
View attachment 318730
It started like this, honestly the car looks great with the red accents and facelift grills, but the look of Type R is way better ofcourse.

View attachment 318731
View attachment 318732
Started with taking the bumper off and installing the Type R headlights. It wasn't a straight swap. There were some adjugdements needed to be make on the existing cables in order to make the lights work. Thanks to my friend for this part, he is a professional in this job. And also this thread Head - Need headlight connector

View attachment 318757
View attachment 318733
Follow up, the Type R low and fog grills are installed. I also changed a new front garnish panel (without the red garnish trim on the middle). The look of the car has become more sportish, but it is unfinished. More will come in the future.

I ordered the complete FK2 Iconic Type R body kit. It comes with the front split, side skirts, diffuser and the 4 exhausting tips unpainted.
View attachment 318734 View attachment 318735 View attachment 318736
Because of the existing exhaust system on the facelift is different than the FK2 Type R, I had to make sure that if it was possible to customize the exhaust system to be able to connect the 4 tips. The answer is yes it is possible, but the rear end silencer have to be removed. So we tested the sound without the rear end silencer (unscrewed bolt somewhere in the middle/end pipe). Surprisingly the sound was not only bearable, but it made the sound of the car way better than before (And should be able to gain a few hp because of more airflow).
View attachment 318737
Right now I am waiting for the body kit I have mentioned before. When it arrive it has to be painted together with this spoiler, bonnet (got a few stone chips) and 4x wheel arches. More pics will come in the future.

Ps: all the parts are from either honda dealer or 2nd hand from allegro.pl.

Cheers,
Chrono
Hey man where did you buy the spoiler

·
Registered
CW GT
2,081 Posts
21 - 37 of 37 Posts