2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, iv had a noise for over a month maily when turning right and always happens when goingbround a round about, also happens and and again when reducing speed, the besy way i can describe it is like a churning noise asif something is catching, checked wheel bearing its ok and free jacked car up, also i changed the strut tops the bearings the drop links and fittned new tein sorings but the noise remains and i would say is getting worse, my mechanic jacked the car up again and checked both shockers and said they are both starting to leak and both have rust on them the right 1 been the worse, he said this would be causing the noise im hearing, does this sound correct? Thanks in advance.

·
Administrator
17,998 Posts
Leaking shocks aren't a good sign, they will need replacing soon by the sounds of it.

As for the noise, how are the callipers, are they moving freely?

Might the stone guards be catching a little?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I had a noise when turning right, turned out the backing plate was a bit 'bent' and catching, removed it and its been perfect since.

·
CTR
538 Posts
check the suspension for signs of wear, jack the car up and "shake" the wheel left & right and top & bottom, slight play in ball joint or droplink could cause a knocking noise.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts