2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone

I unable to get a any power from my cigar lighter.
I have changed the fuses, both 28 and 29 to 20amp. And have also put in a new cigar socket but still facing the same problem.
Can anyone help me please.

·
Registered
14 Posts
So you have no 12v on red(pink) wire and no ground on black? If fuses are OK then one of those wires is broken somewhere in that loom.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Well, track it down to where they are broken and resolder them. Use electric tape for insulation. Hardest thing is finding out where they are broken. Just be patient, dont pull hard on wiring loom.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ah what a job! I suppose got to wait on day when I’ve got a free day to figure it out. Just hope it’s not a long job.

·
Premium Member
597 Posts
Stick a pin or needle through the insulation at various places to test for a break in the cable. Is there power at the fuse?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So you have no 12v on red(pink) wire and no ground on black? If fuses are OK then one of those wires is broken somewhere in that loom.
Seems as though the wire is cut through somewhere, or it’s just not connected. So me husband just created a new circuit and put it into no.34 as it said in the book - not used

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Stick a pin or needle through the insulation at various places to test for a break in the cable. Is there power at the fuse?
I’m guessing it was a broken cable. So my husband just created a new cable wire to the fuse box and wala done 🙂
Was so stressful but we did it

1 - 11 of 11 Posts