2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Does anyone know if you can get a blanking plate/cover for the cigarette lighter behind the gear knob?

I want to remove the cigarette lighter but don't want to be left with a hole in the dash.

Cheers,

Grumpz

·
Registered
191 Posts
Oh good point. I don't smoke but I keep the ash tray for coins. I also find it useful when you have smaller drinks as without it the cup holders may be too big.

I had an issue with my cigarette lighter coming out if I put something in that fits really tight. To fix this, I removed the whole console and put a large cable tie around it where it meets the plastic. Has never come out since. Might be a good fix if this is your issue.

·
Premium Member
7,128 Posts
Oh good point. I don't smoke but I keep the ash tray for coins. I also find it useful when you have smaller drinks as without it the cup holders may be too big.

I had an issue with my cigarette lighter coming out if I put something in that fits really tight. To fix this, I removed the whole console and put a large cable tie around it where it meets the plastic. Has never come out since. Might be a good fix if this is your issue.
The central divider where the drinks are placed can be moved to you can fit small drinks/cans.

I hate the center drink holder as it is only good for cans and not those large subway/burger joint cups as you keep hitting it when you go to shift.

·
Premium Member
7,128 Posts
I have never eat in my Si.

Just put the large subway cups in the cup holder that is all.

So i have no food smell.

The door pocket is occupied on my car with a lug wrench from my old car, if some idiot with road rage wants to start a fight I have it their for defense and to also bust a few heads if it comes to it.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
I have never eat in my Si.

Just put the large subway cups in the cup holder that is all.

So i have no food smell.

The door pocket is occupied on my car with a lug wrench from my old car, if some idiot with road rage wants to start a fight I have it their for defense and to also bust a few heads if it comes to it.
A man after my own thinking, I wont advertise on here what self defensive items I have stored but it would be a sorry person who tried to jack me

·
Premium Member
7,128 Posts
A man after my own thinking, I wont advertise on here what self defensive items I have stored but it would be a sorry person who tried to jack me

This is my new baby, not about to let some junkie steal it only to get it back from my insurance to give it back to me with body panel puttied up dents and a replaced ignition barrel forcing me to use 2 keys to use the car.http://www.civinfo.com/forum/insurance/

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
Make sure you can fully justify why you have it with you. A work colleague got done for having a Stanley knife in the boot after someone reported it. It wasn't that he had it but the fact that he bragged about what he would do with it if anyone crossed him.

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
I will only use it for self defense.

I never show signs of roadrage.

I do get mad behind the wheel when idiots cut me off or get in front of me and then drive slowly.
I can also speak from experience of getting attacked. The minute I pulled the wheel brace from under the bonnet of my old Scania it became an offensive weapon. The police were not impressed, at the potential brain damage or death I'd have caused. Luckily for me they had been watching for some time and were ready to pounce. They let me off under the circumstances, but the men weren't armed. Had the police not been there it could have been a totally different matter.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.