2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Last week my cigarette lighter stopped working. I found that fuse 29 was blown and so replaced it with a spare. A few days later it has blown again. Is there anything I can check myself before getting it booked in at a garage?

Thanks.

·
The Talented Mr. Robbieee
3,295 Posts
Yep sounds as if something in-line is definately blowing it. Or you may even have a short somewhere in the cabling. If you disconnect everything external you have plugged in, I would get it booked into the garage.

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am plugging in my TomTom sat nav charger and it works fine in other cars, so I guess it's a book it in job. Ah well! Thanks.

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
Small metal object stuck in the socket? A friend of mine had this problem with a punto, turns out there was half of a staple inside the socket that was causing a short circuit :rolleyes:

·
Registered
22 Posts
same general topic, but where is the fuse for the lighter located (fuse box under bonet or internally?) if internal where is the fuse box?

·
The Talented Mr. Robbieee
3,295 Posts
It's in your cars user manual if you have one. I am sure someone will post for you in here if you don't have that lol

·
Registered
22 Posts
figured it might be but as i was on here i thought someone might have the answer in their head to save me looking... (note to self stop being so lazy)

·
Administrator
21,097 Posts
Above the Fuel and Bonnet openers - and a right **** to get at without being a contortionist.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts