2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi can someone help i used my satnav and had no problems with it last friday, i went to use it today and both cigarette lighter sockets dont work even if i push the fag lighter in it just stays there ive checked fuse numbers 28 29 yellow and 35 blue and they are ok what should i do as i really need them for friday cheers in advance

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
gary, sorry if this is "how to suck eggs" question, but are you sure the fuses are ok?

ie can you run a resistance test across them, or even knock up a quick circuit with a torch bulb 3 bits of wire and a couple of AA batteries?

battery, wire, leg of fuse.
Other leg of fuse, wire, bulb terminal 1.
bulb terminal 2, wire, back to battery

sort of thing?

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
...or just change them for new ones to be sure if you don´t have a mulitmeter.

3 fuses is not a major investment.

Have you tried the satnav in another car just to be 100% sure that the satnav is ok?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for your help guys,I changed the fuses and still nothing so I was just about to book it into Honda and I thought Id have one last look, The end of the SatNav (that goes into the ciggy lighter) had come apart so I had a glass fuse on the floor and a black screw on end in the cubby so fitted them together and everything works The bit I dont understand is why the fag lighter didnt work last night but now it does whatever its working now so thats brightened my day:D oh heres a picture of where me and the civ are going in 3 days..........cant wait

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
glad its sorted :D

and now I'm just jealous! :lol:

If I'd known that was where you needed your Sat Nav to get to, I would have said nothing and then just turned up at the ferry and pretended to be you! :D

·
Strong in me The Force is
765 Posts
Stupid question maybe, but is this the Isle of Man? TT races next weekend? And if so: are they on live TV? I mean: some channel I can get here in the outskirts of Europe?

K.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no mate im not going to the tt just yet but i am going to the isle of man mountain road and thats the best pic i could find:mad:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts