2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I just bought a new cigarette lighter as my old one was broke. The new one comes with an illuminated ring with seperate wiring to the actual lighter. My question is where should i wire the positive and negative wires so that it only illuminates when the lights are on?

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
I changed mine also to a illuminated one, when you disconnect the old one make sure that you put the live 12v+ back onto the middle connection and the negative to the side connection,with mine thoe I had to make the hole bigger.

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The terminals are set at 90 degrees to each other so the power for the lighter itself is straight forward but the wires for the led are seperate, and i only want them to come on with the lights. Is this how your was?

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
The lighter only comes live when ignition on/Car running so all you have to do is connect the 12v live (possibly red) for the led to the 12v power for the lighter and same for the negative (possibly black) to the negative side for the lighter.
So when you have done this your lighter and the led/light will work when the ignition is switched on.
I know that you wanted it separately but that's the easiest way and you will not really notice it being on.

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
The terminals are set at 90 degrees to each other so the power for the lighter itself is straight forward but the wires for the led are seperate, and i only want them to come on with the lights. Is this how your was?
Lighter is a switched power anyway so just wire that bad boy up in parallel to the lighter connection!

Edit: Beaten to it ;)

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
Nah mine's green to match steering,window,stereo lighting.
Richard80 are you sorted with the wiring?

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, I knew I could wire in parallel and have it on with ignition. Just thought about having it come on with the lights. Thanks for the help though

1 - 10 of 10 Posts