2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my cigarette lighter is broken, which is the best way to replace it ?

vehiclw is civic 2009 ex

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
warranty?? funny enough mine has chucked it as well.... only ever use it for charging my sat nav and phone but warranty should cover this surely?

·
Arfurs right hand man
4,125 Posts
Technically, it is a ciager lighter and not an accessory socket so it could be void against warranty. you will however find that most dealers would cover it as usually, if there are no broken parts, its just a fuse thats blown.

If the parts have physically broken, that could be another story.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Technically, it is a ciager lighter and not an accessory socket so it could be void against warranty. you will however find that most dealers would cover it as usually, if there are no broken parts, its just a fuse thats blown.

If the parts have physically broken, that could be another story.
Dealer stated it has been forced, that's why it has been broken not covered by WARRANTY, they said on MONDAY afternoon they would get back to me with a price, nothing yet (HENDY HONDA PORTSMOUTH)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dealer not bothered to contact me with price, any one have an idea of price ?

·
Silver Surfer!
52 Posts
My cigarette lighter socket stopped working months ago, it's on my 'to do' list to get to the dealers and have it fixed (under warranty). The socket in the boot still works, but nothing I plug into the cabin socket gets any power. Nothing appears to have broken, it all looks fairly normal, so who knows ...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts