2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I have à Civic 9th generation and I'm very happy. The auto start stop function is very boring so I'd like to disable it permanently. Do someone still have circuit from born2bastel to sell me (I leave in France).

The website suggested in the below topic is not working anymore
https://www.civinfo.com/forum/electronics-ice-9g/340802-disable-start-stop-permanently.html?amp=1
"Thema anzeigen - Start / Stop Automatik abschaltbar machen" that explains the different step to do.
Is someone has a copy of it or know an equivalent website ?
Many thanks
Regards
mimi1983

·
Super Moderator
3,348 Posts
No. But I made a 4 second delay timer with a relay to switch on Brake Hold on startup. I would imagine that the Idle Stop could be switched off the same way.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello Toyracer69
I would prefer to install an automatic circuit because I often forget to swich of and when I stop with my car then the engine turn off

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
zdziseq thanks for your post.
Yes your system interest me.
Have you the full circuit available or do I have to build it?
What is you price for 2 units and shippment in France ?
Regards

·
Registered
90 Posts
I can make two kits, it will looks like this. (not like TIE fighter ofcourse ;) )

but i'm going to vacation so you have to wait 3 weeks:popcorn:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No problem I don't need urgently. The picture you upload can't be opened (it told me broken image).
Could you upload the picture on an other website ?
Do you prefer that I pay now ?
What about your price ?
Best

·
Registered
379 Posts
i wasn't keen on the stop/start when I first got mine three years ago and I was concerned about the extra wear and tear, but it has grown on me and find it useful. Besides its environmentally friendly and it can be switch off when inconvenient..

What will you MOT man say if you permanently disable it?

·
Registered
379 Posts
Don't know but it is in a similar category to to removing a catalytic converter but more difficult to detect. By that I mean environmentally.

·
Registered
90 Posts
i wasn't keen on the stop/start when I first got mine three years ago and I was concerned about the extra wear and tear, but it has grown on me and find it useful. Besides its environmentally friendly and it can be switch off when inconvenient..

What will you MOT man say if you permanently disable it?

You cant disable permanently, because it may void Hondas certificate for EU. This also applies to other car manufacturers.

Don't know but it is in a similar category to to removing a catalytic converter but more difficult to detect. By that I mean environmentally.

It's not. It's disabled by electronic module not physically remove like cat-conv. You can always plug out from wire harness.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts