2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Gooner4Life
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello people,

Thought I'd give you a wee taste of the interior side of things lol

So, my mate is getting a new car next week and passing his beloved, or not so beloved, Citroen C4 onto his sister.

I don't think my mate will mind me saying that this car is a "tad" neglected...it's possibly the worst interior of a car I've ever seen. He's never been a huge fan of it so never really bothered maintaining it.

As part of the deal, she wanted the interior to be at least acceptable to sit in, that's where I come in.

So, a few before shots

The mats were removed then hoovered and wet-vac'd using a Numatic George, G101 and a Swissvax brush

You can't really see it but the water was very, very brown

Under the mats

Staining on the seats

Footwells hoovered

Tools for the wet-vacing of the seats

After shot of the wet-vac'd seats

Wet-vac'd front driver seat (ripped section couldn't be saved lol)

Rear seats wet-vac'd

Dirty water from the seats alone

After all the hoovering and wet-vac work, I gave the plastics a wipedown with G101 then degreased then decided to give AF Dressle a bash (first use of it)

Gave the footplate & pedals a good scrub with G101

And some finished shots

He was pretty delighted with it as was I.

Thanks for reading and as always, thoughts, comments, CC welcome

Cheers
DP

·
Premium Member
703 Posts
Looks a load better just a shame the ripped drivers seat ruins the after pics but nowt you can do about that. You love your G101 don't you? :rolleyes: Haha

·
Gooner4Life
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks a load better just a shame the ripped drivers seat ruins the after pics but nowt you can do about that. You love your G101 don't you? :rolleyes: Haha
haha never used anything close to the cleaning power of G101! And so versatile too!

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
What a transformation! Hope you got some well deserved beers from your mate for that ;)

Reactions: Deadpool

·
Supporter
3,159 Posts
Nice one Steven, great work as always

Reactions: Deadpool

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Nice work, a huge improvement!

What's the best way for removing the G101 from interior surface? Wet sponge or similar?

·
Gooner4Life
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice work, a huge improvement!

What's the best way for removing the G101 from interior surface? Wet sponge or similar?
Cheers!

I spray it onto an MF cloth then wipe the surface with it then clean off with a fresh MF

·
Mugen wannabe
2,056 Posts
Looks good mate like you I use g101 for all sorts it's awsome stuff what's the af like ? I use autosmart tango to dress a little sheen is good don't like glossy dash

Sent from my I piddy

·
Gooner4Life
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looks good mate like you I use g101 for all sorts it's awsome stuff what's the af like ? I use autosmart tango to dress a little sheen is good don't like glossy dash

Sent from my I piddy
meh, like 90% of AF products, I find it a tad mediocre. Wasn't really that impressed with the finish and would probably go back to 303

·
Supporter
3,159 Posts
Well I was all set to give my interior a wee clean today, ordered some stuff from Mainz, been away all week, opened box last night to find a note saying the leather care was out of stock, is it just me or does anyone else find this really annoying, Dean knew when he packed the stuff and took the time to hand write it was out of stock on the invoice, why not let me know in advance and I could have organised something else, I think it is **** poor particularly when it was showing as in stock on the site, rant over sorry for the thread jack

·
Mugen wannabe
2,056 Posts
Well I was all set to give my interior a wee clean today, ordered some stuff from Mainz, been away all week, opened box last night to find a note saying the leather care was out of stock, is it just me or does anyone else find this really annoying, Dean knew when he packed the stuff and took the time to hand write it was out of stock on the invoice, why not let me know in advance and I could have organised something else, I think it is **** poor particularly when it was showing as in stock on the site, rant over sorry for the thread jack

Yes it is bad however try palm oil soap from tesco cleans and nourishes ? oh and about 60p a bar

Sent from my I piddy

·
A/C fixer-upper'er
856 Posts
You just went back to the crazy crazy future of 2012, I did exactly the same and gave my old Citroen C4 (my first car) to my sister when I got the civic. Couldnt be arsed to sell it privately and proud to say shes still running it snag free, but for a solitary replacement clutch, at 130k. Say what you like about most french cars, but that C4 is an unusually decent one!!

The dog wasn't as enthused about the whole thing.

Interiors looking so very much better on your mates one, might have to offer the same in the spring to her - 2 years of small children using it as a mobile zoo cage have left it a bit 'careworn'. Cheers for the inspiration!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts