2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know how to test the City Brake Assist on Honda Civic. Do you have to select anything on. The spec for my car says it has it. I have made sure it shows active in the menu screen, but when closing in on a car in front nothing happens. No warnings and no brakes. What am I doing wrong?

·
Premium Member
323 Posts
It's only on the 2015 new shape models. I presume there's got to be a certain closing speed to the vehicle in front and the driver not braking. Only works below 24 mph aswell i think.
As above try use a large soft object and drive at it without braking.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for reply. If I get very close, the parking sensor bleeps (as it does whenever I get close to an obstruction) but no indication on dashboard. (Im assuming that the parking sensor switch has to be selected on!)

·
Registered
876 Posts
This is how the system is tested by Thatcham to get the required insurance group reduction.

This is civic test.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Just to add to that, Honda's CTBA system uses a Lidar (Laser Radar) so it picks up on the reflectors of the vehicle infont.

Here on the Thatcham site you can see Civic performance

Autonomous Emergency Braking Perfromance | Thatcham Research

Note this is list for 14YM, which states no insurance group benifit, therefore for 15YM it is standard fitment to reduce insurance group ratings for all Civic/CR-V models.

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,394 Posts
I assume you did specify the ACC and CMBS option?

CMBS is not a standard feature as far as I'm aware.

·
Registered
36 Posts
The City Brake Roundabout Traffic Light Anti Crash Assist is standard on all the 2015 facelift/reduced price Civics.

Blind spot warning and ACC is still an option.

The CTBA light on the dash comes on with all the usual warning/warm-up lights, so I just assume that means it's on (I'm in an SR Tourer)!

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,394 Posts
I have been educated :)

Still waiting for the dealer to send me a 2015 brochure so I can read up.

·
Registered
876 Posts
I dont have ACC or CBMS fitted. I have the Civic 1.6 i-dtec SE Plus Navi model.
ACC and CMBS are no longer options on 15YM Civic,

Only the one DASP pack option now which includes.
Forward Collision Warning, Traffic Sign Recognition System, Lane Departure Warning, Blind Spot Information incl. Cross Traffic Monitor, Highbeam Support System.

All 15YM Civic have City Brake Active (CTBA) as standard.

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
Thanks Steve, so CTBA is a very different system to CMBS.

ACC and CMBS are no longer options on 15YM Civic,
Am I right in thinking that these systems were radar based?

It's a shame that ACC is no longer available. I believe it is standard on most Golfs (certainly the Match upwards).

·
Registered
876 Posts
CTBA = Low speed (below 20mph) - Laser Radar autonomous braking.

CMBS = High & Low speed - proximity radar autonomous braking, radar is also used for ACC. (available on 15YM CRV as option)

Cost of CMBS/ACC radar is very high, up take of DASP2 pack for Civic on previous models was quite low.

The combination of CTBA and Forward collision warning gives a cost/functionality balance.

FCW uses the Multi purpose camera to raise warning when it identifies a possible collision.

Multi purpose camera also used for High beam support, traffic sign recognition and lane departure warning.

·
I Hate tailgaters!
1,443 Posts
Brochure

I have been educated :)

Still waiting for the dealer to send me a 2015 brochure so I can read up.
You can now download from website what I will assume to be the same that you are expecting through the post. Just a pain to read the small print without enlarging and having to slide around screen.

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,394 Posts
If the dealers have them in then I can easily pop over to Ruislip and get one :D

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
I picked one up a couple of weeks ago when I went in to have a quick look at the MY15, so you should be fine getting one now.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts