2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi,

Just looking for some help, My civic 07 plate 1.8 petrol won't start. It seemed like the battery had died so tried getting a jump and nothing so replaced the battery and still nothing.

The car is cranking and when ignition is on you can hear the fuel pump, the alternator is less than a year old and connections have been tested and battery is definitely working. I have checked the fuses for the fuel pump but not yet the relay.

I'm just wondering if anyone can suggest anything else the problem could be.

Thanks very much.

Ryan.

· Super Moderator
3,312 Posts
common 1 is the fuel cut off switch under right corner of dash
but if you say you can hear the fuel pump it sounds like its something else
but what without investigating is hard to offer any advice
first off try see if you got a spark at plugs but you would expect engine light on if no spark

· Super Moderator
5,823 Posts
did you leave the key in the ignition when you attached the jump start battery?

if you did suspect that the immobiliser in the key is shot.
if you have a spare key try that and see what happens.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have tried the fuel cut off switch today and that didn't work. Got the spare key to take later to try that. Could it

possibly be spark plugs or anything like that. Cheers.

· Super Moderator
5,823 Posts
if it turns over then the starter must be working, no?

sounds more like a failure in the ignition coils circuits or fuel not getting through to the injectors.

· Super Moderator
3,312 Posts
I have tried the spare key just now and it's Still just turning over.

Cheers

Mod Note to @Ryan88511 - this post showed classic symptoms of a Samsung Keyboard in some forum textboxes, since edited.

Q: Are you using a Samsung Keyboard ?
think its more in the ecu it wipes it rather than the key
but if it is im sure the green light flashes in clocks

· Registered
2,537 Posts
Go with the easiest possible solutions first and work your way up to more complex stuff. More often than not it's the simple things that go wrong.

I've run out of fuel in an old car before when I didn't realise the low fuel warning light was busted so I ended up driving it dry :ROFLMAO:

· i-Dtec
6,466 Posts
Are you positive your hearing the fuel pump running? You must have the ears of a hawk if you can hear that lol. There should be a schrader valve(like the end of a tyre valve) on the end of the fuel rail somewhere, if you push it in fuel should come out if there is pressure there.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts