2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I am currently considering purchasing a new Civic, but am unsure on whether to buy an 08 model or wait and buy an 09 model.
I live in London, are the 09 models available in the UK yet at Honda dealers. I see some members of this forum have purchased the new 09 model?

Does anyone know the prices of the 09 Civic's, specifically the Type S GT 1.8 Petrol?
Do you think you could negotiate a higher discount on the 08 model in the current climate or will both models be open to discount?

Thanks,

·
Registered
243 Posts
I've been told that theres no release date for the 09 type s 1.8 or 2.2, the 1.4 is out now and the i shifts and 5 doors. Also the white type r is available. Was told the other type s models would follow in "about 6 months time or more" all a bit vague.

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
Hello Chris, and welcome. :) The Honda Cars website in the UK reflects the mixed availability and shows prices too. But the brochure download is well out of date.

As Wheelie says, it's all a bit muddled. For the 09 model year, I've seen 1.8 autos at dealers, but no-one has the 2.2 diesels. There are several threads on the various differences, preferences and colour changes. Start here 2009 Civic - Civinfo

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
I think there are still some stocks of some types of 08 cars and as the Swindon plant is having a long shut down, no more 09 cars are being built at the moment.

Like others have said, no-one on here has a 2.2 09 yet.

·
Premium Member
245 Posts
Phoenix Honda in Linwood, Renfrewshire have an 09 Civic Type S in their showroom. No doubt you will find one in a dealer closer to home.

·
Registered
4 Posts
08/09 models

I am due to change my lease car in March - went to the dealer about two weeks ago and was told that they had not even started making any 09 2.2 diesels which is the model I am after. In fact the corporate man went on his pc and also phoned logistics (whatever that means) and was advised that there was no date for the producion of 09 models and in fact he was advised that at the last update for the logisitics a date of 20 weeks delay had been advised before production would start. That about one month after the current four month shutdown.

As a result I have placed my order - roll on the end of this month.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Has anyone ordered the 09's personally or all company cars? Just curious how much people are paying for them and if the dealers are movnig on prices or only selling at the rrp's until the 08's are all out of the way?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Just a quick update on availability of the 5dr model - according to the Honda Contact Centre, these should be available from around the end of April. Available to order today and there should be some demo models in the showrooms just not available to the general public just yet.

Edit - I believe that the above statement applies only to the 1.8 and 2.2 manual S, SE, ES and EX models

Regards,
Chris

·
Registered
1 Posts
First post, so hi all!:wave:

I've been trying to get a 1.8 or 2.2 recently and have been told by a couple of dealers it'll be July at the earliest before either are available in the UK.
The 1.4 is available now for some reason.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've 1.8 S on order and scheduled to drive away in mid-June.

My dealer said that had I wanted it, he could have got one (an 09) within a week..!

Computer says yes, it seems.

·
Nice Guy!
2,360 Posts
I've 1.8 S on order and scheduled to drive away in mid-June.

My dealer said that had I wanted it, he could have got one (an 09) within a week..!

Computer says yes, it seems.

Is there a reason then that you didn't go for an '09 :confused:

·
Registered
181 Posts
Contacted my dealer yesterday: the 1.4 versions have a long deliverytime, my is postponed again and will probably be delivered around 10 august :(
It seems that there are enough 1.8's in stock for quick delevery in june/july. 1.4's are very popular, so they have a longer deliverytime.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts