2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
TYPE R GT (R-15016)
2,224 Posts
Its that guy from Chop Shop .....................Lol ;)

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Nice ...but which are the total costs of this extreme tuning....a little overwhelming for my personal budget :(

200 hp for a car designed for at most 160 hp at flywheel ?...what a challenge for service mechanics :D

·
Premium Member
18,749 Posts
There are a few turbo installations already for R18 especially in US.
With 0.4-0.5psi (light turbo) and exhaust system our engine can go up to 200-210HP without problem!!
Till now haven't seen any modification of that type in Europe.

·
Premium Member
1,656 Posts
i was planning to get turbotechnics to do me a turbo..but two factors came into it..
1- they dont touch engines with over 5k miles on them...because they cannot guarantee how the engine will bond with a brand new turbo
2- the insurance - as im only 19..

on the other side of things, im originally from cyprus, and i know a guy there who will bolt a turbo onto anything for £400

so i have thought of going over there for it..but the costs of getting the car there and back... you may as well just go to turbotechnics and pay the 3k or whatever it is..

the guy in cyprus is good though... his evo 8 is on 750hp...
and thats hott

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
Turbos are the muts, i wish there was a kit for the FN2

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Reactions: panosm

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
That's for the USA 1.8 engine (which I understand is not 100% identical to the Euro version) ... also, it sits in a 'JDM-ish' bodyshell (bigger engine bay) ...

So, the question is - at least for me - is the kit compatible at all, with the Euro 1.8 ? ...
i think it is compatible but its more a space problem, euro civics engine bay is very cramped, but a turbo on this engine is just wrong, its made for fuel efficiency!

·
Premium Member
18,749 Posts
That's for the USA 1.8 engine (which I understand is not 100% identical to the Euro version) ... also, it sits in a 'JDM-ish' bodyshell (bigger engine bay) ...

So, the question is - at least for me - is the kit compatible at all, with the Euro 1.8 ? ...
The engine is identicall, except some small changes in the software (keep in mind that fuel in Europe has better quality than the one in USA).
This turbo kit is compatible with our cars. The only thing is that due to lack of space, when istalling the kit the catalytic converter should be moved under the car, from the original position.

·
Premium Member
18,749 Posts
i think it is compatible but its more a space problem, euro civics engine bay is very cramped, but a turbo on this engine is just wrong, its made for fuel efficiency!
I agree with you regarding the fuel efficiency,
but what do you suggest if you where fun of Civic 5D and you wanted more power?
:?:
The ideal should be the type r engine, but there is no such version :(

1 - 14 of 14 Posts