2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey guys new to the fourms so thought id post pic of my car tell me whatcha think thanks!

Also was wondering if i should go for the type r kit? or just colour code what i have on now :S

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
looks ok that ... Illegal plate mind lol

·
JPP
1,555 Posts
Welcome matey, my NHB is sometimes that clean....:p

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
yeah its 30mm all around :) wanting to go coils in summer tho
Personally, I'd say there was no point in fitting coilovers, to a 1.8 - total overkill for street use, and pointless on a track due to the BHP available ...

The good new is, it seems that you already have half (or more than half) of a good suspension update ...

Assuming that your lowering springs are the 'progressive' type (e.g. - like those from Eibach or Tein), then all you need now are better shocks ...

And, adding shocks will be damned sight cheaper than migrating to coilovers ! ...

I fitted Koni FSDs - only option I could find in 2009 - there are now a few more possibilities knocking around, but the Konis seem to get the best reviews ...

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
Yeah Eibach is what I got so maybe I'll just go with shocks instead. :)

And the money you save, will go a long way to pay for some of the following (for example) :-
  • Rear Spoiler ('Trunk' or 'Lip' - no "CTR-alike" parts !)
  • Wheel spacers - 10mm to 20mm - depends on wheel
  • Colour coding the existing plastic trim - not staining
Alternatively, you should perhaps be looking at a brake upgrade first - disks, pads, hoses, fluid - lots of aftermarket choice now - better and much cheaper then OEM ...

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Looking good.

·
Premium Member
958 Posts

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
being colour coded next week with spoiler added and sprayed will post pictures of when its finished will have to get the cleaning stuff out ;)

1 - 20 of 44 Posts